14 "meaningless games" in 8 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 "meaningless games" in 8 years

the san francisco giants have played but 14 games in which it was eliminated from postseason contention in the past 8 seasons.
    (since sabean became general manager.)

does anyone know where that ranks 'em in that timeframe?
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

I know the Yanks went to the playoffs 11 years in a row so they have never been eliminated in that time. Atlanta has gone to 14 straight playoffs. The white sox probably have a good number but I doubt that they are as close to the Giants. Houston probably would have beaten them but they had a bad 2000. The Cards had a bad 1999 that probably eliminates them. Cleveland had to rebuild in the first half of this decade so they get knocked out.

I would say outside of the Yanks and Atlanta who have always gone to the playoffs the Gianst are #1.

I think what else is impressive is that those 14 games occured in only 3 seasons and that it actually stretches 9 seasons. Not bad in this age of "imbalance".

Comment

thanx, everywhereman.

i awkwardly worded it, and by "in that timeframe" i mean that i am interested specifically in the sabean-with-giants years, not just any 8-year period.
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X