X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1905 Giants
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Petitte, to me at least, is kind of like Bernie Williams. Sure he was part of that Yankee dynasty, but he was just "there", if that makes any sense.
    Perfectly clear. What do you think about the post-season resume?

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Petitte, to me at least, is kind of like Bernie Williams. Sure he was part of that Yankee dynasty, but he was just "there", if that makes any sense.

Leave a comment:

• 1905 Giants
    replied
    Originally posted by sturg1dj View Post
    Andy Pettite admitted to using HGH and nobody seems to care.
    When the HoF vote comes up they may care. Albeit we may or may not see him as a HoFer (Personally I wouldn't mind if he made it).

Leave a comment:

• sturg1dj
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    So even if we are supposed to conclude that he used steroids and no one ratted him out, that doesn't really do anything to him.
    right, but before game of shadows people talked about Bonds' head size. Then when someone hit a bunch of home runs they would whisper about them. Yet, for some reason the amount of starters that pitched well-into their 40s with success in the late 90's to mid-2000's is not something discussed as much.

Other than Clemens who has some evidence against him, not many pitchers have had the same scrutiny as batters. Hell, Andy Pettite admitted to using HGH and nobody seems to care.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    So even if we are supposed to conclude that he used steroids and no one ratted him out, that doesn't really do anything to him.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
    This is a joke, right?

He pitched effectively waaaaaaay into his 40s and was on the team with all the roiders
    . How can one not connect the dots???
    That's the truth. From age 40 onward Ryan had a 10.2 K/9 rate and averaged 249 K's per season. From age 40-43 Ryan led the AL in strikeouts all four seasons including a 301 K season at age 42.

Leave a comment:

• sturg1dj
    replied
    I love it when people dig up the old discussions and I see a post I wrote that I don't remember writing.

Then I realize it was 9 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    I remember reading in one book, a partial compilation of articles about him, that he admitted to digging a foothold in the mound to get an extra push when finishing his delivery, I can go dig that up if anyone wants because I don't remember the specifics.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    I am for letting it all ride and calling it another era. I have repeatedly said that I believe that Puckett, Rickey, Eckersley, Ryan and other used PEDs. I don't care, but it's silly ban others who did. Yes, I think that it's all a kangaroo court. But for someone to write a post saying that Ryan flat out didn't roid is ridiculous..
    It was pretty well known when Ryan was pitching with Mike Scott that both of them were cutting the ball...one team saved a bunch of balls from one of Ryan's games with marks in the exact same spot, but the umpires told them that he had to be caught in the act and that going after a guy with Ryan's stature in the game with circumstantial evidence was NOT a good idea.
    Seems like Scott's cheating was more or less accepted given that he had been a unexceptional pitcher who was probably on his way out of the game before he started doctoring the ball, but many baseball people were really miffed that a guy with Ryan's physical talents was messing with the ball...but, he was considered untouchable.

I wouldn't be surprised at Ryan doing ANYTHING to gain an edge, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• sturg1dj
    replied
    I am for letting it all ride and calling it another era. I have repeatedly said that I believe that Puckett, Rickey, Eckersley, Ryan and other used PEDs. I don't care, but it's silly ban others who did. Yes, I think that it's all a kangaroo court. But for someone to write a post saying that Ryan flat out didn't roid is ridiculous..
    This is one thing we have always agreed on.

:applaud:

Leave a comment:

• JR Hart
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    I thought you were against "connecting dots" and calling-out people for PEDs.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    This is a joke, right?

He pitched effectively waaaaaaay into his 40s and was on the team with all the roiders. How can one not connect the dots???
    I thought you were against "connecting dots" and calling-out people for PEDs.
    Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 02-22-2017, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    This is a joke, right?

He pitched effectively waaaaaaay into his 40s and was on the team with all the roiders. How can one not connect the dots???
    Maybe so, but not even Canseco ratted him out, and only a smattering of people have even touched the subject, so it makes you wonder a bit.

Leave a comment:

• JR Hart
    replied
    Ryan had some amazing genetics for durability, curious how he would have done with the added benefits of HGH.
    This is a joke, right?

Last edited by JR Hart; 02-21-2017, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JessePopHaines16
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X