How much pressure is on Selig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much pressure is on Selig

I want to know where in history will Bud Selig stand if he chooses to or not to ban Bonds. Obviouslly it will be more remembered if hes banned. I think this could be one of the biggest choices a commish has had to make in a long time.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
    I want to know where in history will Bud Selig stand if he chooses to or not to ban Bonds. Obviouslly it will be more remembered if hes banned. I think this could be one of the biggest choices a commish has had to make in a long time.
    He can't just choose to ban Bonds if other players get off with lesser penalties for the same indiscretion. It's not a legitimate option.
    If he does choose to suspend Bonds without the benefit of a positive test, he'll be remembered for stewardship in a time of crisis, which is more than he was able to do with the 94' strike.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Bud cannot do what the CBA will not allow him to do. He does not have the authority of Kenesaw Mountain Landis to act on a whim.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Im sure Bud would like to do something. But he simply can't. Everyone knows Bonds took steroids unless their in denial. Except theres no real option because bonds has not tested positive for anything. And it would be foolish to suspend him NOW when it should of happened along time ago. You cant just punish someone for something they have done in the past and have no cold hard evidence besides a book.
        Last edited by RedSoxVT92; 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X