Hack Wilson/Ruth/Gehrig Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack Wilson/Ruth/Gehrig Photo

I promised this photo to somebody weeks ago...sorry for the poor quality, it's a digital photo taken from a book. Couldn't locate our scanner at work, there is a guy who "borrows" it for home use for weeks on end.
    Attached Files
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Ruth's looking pretty fit there, and I never realized how small Wilson was. Looks like Chuck Knoblauch. Looking it up now, Wilson was only 5'6. Amazing that he was able to hit 56 homeruns in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
      Ruth's looking pretty fit there, and I never realized how small Wilson was. Looks like Chuck Knoblauch. Looking it up now, Wilson was only 5'6. Amazing that he was able to hit 56 homeruns in a season.
      Yeah, I always knew he was short, but that picture really puts it in perspective. Gives me a higher opinion of the guy, and my opinion of him is already higher than most.
      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Do you know what year that is Hellborn? Thanks for posting that. Here's a slightly lighter version you can save and re-post if you want. In fact, you should throw it up on Bill's new photo website and see if it makes the cut. (he's pretty picky though )
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
          Ruth does look really good...also looks like Hack might be even bigger than Babe in the upper body. Probably not Gehrig, though.
          I know that it might be a parallax effect due to the angle of the shot, but doesn't it look like Hack's bat is much shorter than those of Ruth and Gehrig? Wonder if he used a 32"...you could probably calculate it from a good photo based on his height.
          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X