X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hellborn
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Ruth's looking pretty fit there, and I never realized how small Wilson was. Looks like Chuck Knoblauch. Looking it up now, Wilson was only 5'6. Amazing that he was able to hit 56 homeruns in a season.
    Ruth does look really good...also looks like Hack might be even bigger than Babe in the upper body. Probably not Gehrig, though.
    I know that it might be a parallax effect due to the angle of the shot, but doesn't it look like Hack's bat is much shorter than those of Ruth and Gehrig? Wonder if he used a 32"...you could probably calculate it from a good photo based on his height.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Do you know what year that is Hellborn? Thanks for posting that. Here's a slightly lighter version you can save and re-post if you want. In fact, you should throw it up on Bill's new photo website and see if it makes the cut. (he's pretty picky though )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 03-20-2006, 01:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ElHalo
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Ruth's looking pretty fit there, and I never realized how small Wilson was. Looks like Chuck Knoblauch. Looking it up now, Wilson was only 5'6. Amazing that he was able to hit 56 homeruns in a season.
    Yeah, I always knew he was short, but that picture really puts it in perspective. Gives me a higher opinion of the guy, and my opinion of him is already higher than most.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hellborn
    started a topic Hack Wilson/Ruth/Gehrig Photo

Hack Wilson/Ruth/Gehrig Photo

I promised this photo to somebody weeks ago...sorry for the poor quality, it's a digital photo taken from a book. Couldn't locate our scanner at work, there is a guy who "borrows" it for home use for weeks on end.
    Attached Files

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X