Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Babe Ruth Thread*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hall of fame digital

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/sp...ital.html?_r=0

    Comment


    • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGThVd9sInU

      This has some good footage of the Bambino.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pheasant View Post
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGThVd9sInU

        This has some good footage of the Bambino.
        That's probably the best documentary on him.

        Comment


        • This might be a bit off topic, but having watched Stephen Lang in 'Don't Breathe' a couple weeks ago, reminded me of his playing Ruth also. Creamer said Lang actually did capture some of what Ruth really was, I'd like to see it for myself. I remember Rose played Tyrus Raymond in it, but that's all I ever heard. Never saw the 1991 tv movie.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bucketfoot View Post
            This might be a bit off topic, but having watched Stephen Lang in 'Don't Breathe' a couple weeks ago, reminded me of his playing Ruth also. Creamer said Lang actually did capture some of what Ruth really was, I'd like to see it for myself. I remember Rose played Tyrus Raymond in it, but that's all I ever heard. Never saw the 1991 tv movie.
            Adam (HWR) was looking for it awhile ago. Think he found it on Amazon for sale but that's it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
              Adam (HWR) was looking for it awhile ago. Think he found it on Amazon for sale but that's it.
              Are you sure he found it Randy, searched Amazon with no luck.
              No doubt the best Babe movie ever made.

              Comment


              • A name often linked to Babe Ruth, baseball historian, Bill Jenkinson.
                A pleasure, met him at Babe's 114th Birthday Bash at Mickey Mantle's in NY, if I recall 2009.
                This goes back a few years, I sent Bill some articles from Buffalo NY newspapers, most of your know, Luke played here, for a couple or few years.
                As you can see to say he does a thorough job researching, putting it mildly.
                There are more pages, all of Luke's home runs, minors and MLB.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Thanks for sharing, ShoelessJoe. That attachment really exemplifies Jenkinson's hard work.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
                    Adam (HWR) was looking for it awhile ago. Think he found it on Amazon for sale but that's it.
                    I did look for it EVERYWHERE! It was available on DirecTV for a short while but since has been removed. That was only place I found it. Seriously, it is nowhere to found (Amazon, Netflix, RedBox, etc.). Maybe some shady websites might have it. Hahaha. There is a 14 minute clip of the film on youtube.

                    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                      I did look for it EVERYWHERE! It was available on DirecTV for a short while but since has been removed. That was only place I found it. Seriously, it is nowhere to found (Amazon, Netflix, RedBox, etc.). Maybe some shady websites might have it. Hahaha. There is a 14 minute clip of the film on youtube.

                      HWR, I'm sure you will let us know if you get lucky on this one, I'm still searching.
                      This movie, so real, they really did their homework. The details, you don't see in those other Ruth stinkers.
                      Teammate calling him Jidge, Ruppert calling him Root. If I recall he even points out he batted .356 in 1927, which he did.
                      Somewhere out there, this movie has to be out there, maybe a DVD.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
                        HWR, I'm sure you will let us know if you get lucky on this one, I'm still searching.
                        This movie, so real, they really did their homework. The details, you don't see in those other Ruth stinkers.
                        Teammate calling him Jidge, Ruppert calling him Root. If I recall he even points out he batted .356 in 1927, which he did.
                        Somewhere out there, this movie has to be out there, maybe a DVD.
                        It's listed on TCM, maybe keep an eye out for it being shown there.

                        PS - Pete Rose as Ty Cobb!!?!?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by westsidegrounds View Post
                          It's listed on TCM, maybe keep an eye out for it being shown there.

                          PS - Pete Rose as Ty Cobb!!?!?
                          Thank you, I will check out their schedule.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by westsidegrounds View Post
                            It's listed on TCM, maybe keep an eye out for it being shown there.

                            PS - Pete Rose as Ty Cobb!!?!?
                            Maybe I missed something, looks like it was not on the TCM schedule but one of a number of DVD' you can purchase, but that one was not available.
                            I blew it, recorded it on a VHS tape the night it ran, tossed out many of my VHS tapes years ago when DVD's came in.

                            Comment


                            • I don't know if this has been posted before but I found it yesterday.

                              Sat Evening Post 11-28-31_Page_1.jpg


                              Sat Evening Post 11-28-31_Page_2.jpg


                              Sat Evening Post 11-28-31_Page_3.jpg


                              Sat Evening Post 11-28-31_Page_4.jpg
                              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                              Comment


                              • I have a question for you Babe Ruth experts. This a young player (22 years old) in Japan right now who hits and pitches. He throws 102 mph and hit for power. He's hitting .322/.420/.603. As a starting pitcher he's 12-4 W-L, 2.12 ERA, 151 K, 41 BB in 123 IP. His Japanese team allows him to play both ways. There is debate about when eventually comes to the majors would a major league team allow him to play both ways? I was curious how did Ruth handle being a two way player and what what led him to abandon pitching altogether? Was it more his choice or did his team eventually force his hand?
                                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X