Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    The first "Unofficial" home run at Yankee Stadium, Feb.19,1923. Babe first homer pic.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    This started around 2001. In Gotham Magazine Spike Lee asked the question, was Babe Ruth black. The magazine gets silly saying, you can't prove he was not black
    You may not recall, this was discussed on this board in 2008. The thread stated on1-9-2008 by member Wdl. In fact you posted a reply to that on 1-9-2008.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    So until few days ago I had no idea there are a small group of "Babe Ruth birthers" who truly believe Babe Ruth is black. At first I thought they were joking but it turns out they are quite serious. It's the most bizarre thing I've heard in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post

Wonder if they just twisted that event that took place in front of his dad's saloon.
    From what I read some years ago Babe's father had some trouble with a patron in the saloon. The fight took to the street and Babe's dad struck by the man, fell and hit his head, he died. Later story said the man was Babe's dad's brother-in-law.
    Some people have an agenda. They want to co-op the Babe for their own socio-political purposes.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post

I know, huh? What are people thinking?

Babe Dad.jpg
    That's probably the best pic of his dad. I see the old man has a cigar in hand.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Thanks Shoeless. I had a little mini-debate with what I call "Ruth birthers" who claim Ruth had a black father. When I showed them them the famous Babe and dad photo in the saloon one guy claimed that that was not Ruth's father but the uncle who killed Ruth's dad.
    Wonder if they just twisted that event that took place in front of his dad's saloon.
    From what I read some years ago Babe's father had some trouble with a patron in the saloon. The fight took to the street and Babe's dad struck by the man, fell and hit his head, he died. Later story said the man was Babe's dad's brother-in-law.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by toomanyhatz View Post
    That's his dad? Doesn't look anything like him!
    I know, huh? What are people thinking?

Babe Dad.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Here is A photo of Ruth`s little sister,Mary(Mamie).She died back in 1991. Mamie Ruth.jpg

Leave a comment:

• toomanyhatz
    replied
    That's his dad? Doesn't look anything like him!

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Thanks Shoeless. I had a little mini-debate with what I call "Ruth birthers" who claim Ruth had a black father. When I showed them them the famous Babe and dad photo in the saloon one guy claimed that that was not Ruth's father but the uncle who killed Ruth's dad.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    I was wondering are there any photos of the Babe's mother?
    In all the years searching, this is all I come up with, poor quality.
    There is another pic of Babe and his father behind the bar in his dad's saloon. You may have seen that one, it gets around.

In this pic,Bbabe's dad and on his left Babe's mom Not sure who the other woman is.
    Babe's father mother.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 04-25-2020, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bluesky5
    replied
    This isn't of much help but I thought I saw one at the Babe Ruth museum in Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Did not put very much thought into this one. May be other factors to be figured in
    But, does not look like Babe was feasting off of tired pitchers in the late innings, not as much as some have suggested.
    And to be considered even a tired pitcher is going to reach back with Babe at the plate, that goes for any inning.
    Babe stats 1.JPG

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Babe Ruth Yankee Stadium first game 1923.JPG It just had to be him to hit the first home run, first game at Yankee Stadium. First All Star game in 1933, who hits the first homer in the All Star game. Past his prime...…...…….....it just had to be him. His last home run in 1935 at Forbes, only a couple of weeks before he retired. When it's him, not just a home run...……………..over the roof at Forbes. Babe Ruth Yankee Stadium first game 1923. swing.JPG

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X