Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    God Bless You, Jud! I had dreaded losing you and your invaluable, precious service to these polls.
    Now that you are back, I will launch the next round. Thanks for calling it.

I am going to promote you to the Decision Caller, as well as the Tally Master.

See? Responsibility brings authority and privilege! And you've richly earned it.
    One deserves what they've earned.

So, give me a few minutes to put up the next round. I'll get on it right away.

Leave a comment:

• AstrosFan
    replied
    My vote:

Perry
    Niekro
    Koufax
    Roberts
    Blyleven

And final tally:

Code:
    FirstName	LastName	First	Second	Third	Fourth	Fifth	Total
    Mordecai	Brown		6	4	2	0	1	53
    Sandy		Koufax		4	4	2	1	0	44
    Nolan		Ryan		1	3	2	2	2	29
    Phil		Niekro		0	4	1	0	0	19
    Gaylord		Perry		2	1	0	2	0	18
    John		Clarkson	2	0	1	1	1	16
    Robin		Roberts		1	0	1	2	4	16
    Whitey		Ford		0	0	3	2	2	15
    Jim		Palmer		0	0	2	2	1	11
    Rube		Waddell		0	2	0	0	2	10
    Ed		Walsh		1	0	1	0	0	8
    Tim		Keefe		0	1	1	0	0	7
    Mariano		Rivera		1	0	0	0	0	5
    Amos		Rusie		0	0	1	1	0	5
    Addie		Joss		0	0	1	0	1	4
    Bullet		Rogan		0	0	0	1	1	3
    Jose		Mendez		0	0	0	1	0	2
    Bob		Caruthers	0	0	0	1	0	2
    Catfish		Hunter		0	0	0	1	0	2
    Bert		Blyleven	0	0	0	0	2	2
    Hoyt		Wilhelm		0	0	0	0	1	1

From now on, instead of going for a certain number of votes, let's just keep the voting open for a certain time period that can only be extended in the case of a tie.

I haven't kept track of these threads because I lost my voting file after my computer crashed a while back, and it seemed these threads had died anyway. But if we do have a revival, I'll work on them.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRon View Post
    How's AstrosFan coming along with the final tally?
    I'll PM him once again. He didn't respond to the first one. I'd hate to have to go back and do the tallies myself.
    I did it for years, but it's tiring.

Any volunteers?

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
    I agree. I'll contact our tally master, AstrosFan, and see if he's still with us. We might as well move on.
    How's AstrosFan coming along with the final tally?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    We have 17 votes since June, 2010. How humiliating.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Bill, I stongly suggest we tally up the votes- we've got 17- and move on to the next round. That's the only way to keep interest and hope to build a little momentum.
    I agree. I'll contact our tally master, AstrosFan, and see if he's still with us. We might as well move on.

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Bill, I stongly suggest we tally up the votes- we've got 17- and move on to the next round. That's the only way to keep interest and hope to build a little momentum.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan
    replied
    I'm shocked Jim Palmer didn't get 1 single vote last round. Guy is underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    We have 17 votes.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot 88
    replied
    I propose that you add David Cone to the pitchers chart.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot 88
    replied
    1-Mordecai Brown
    2-Sandy Koufax
    3-Nolan Ryan
    4-Whitey Ford
    5-Jim Palmer

Next 5 Honorable Mention: Phil Neikro, Gaylord Perry, Robin Roberts, Bert Blyleven, Ferguson Jenkins

Leave a comment:

• Chadwick
    replied
    Brad, as almost always, is a voice of reason: nary a mention from him of Ryan so far.
    As (almost always) you flatter me, sir. LOL Just found my quote of the week!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    Congratulations to the New York Giants' 60's pitching standout, Juan 'the Diminican Dandy' Marichal for winning our 19th Greatest Pitcher Poll! He scored 37 points from our 14 voters, including 4 first place votes. The following chase pack consisted of Mordecai Brown, the Cubs' turn-of-the-century pitching ace, & Sandy Koufax, my childhood idol. Three-Fingered Brown picked up 29 points with 2 first place votes while Sandy collected 29 points and 3 first places.

Did not read the other posts but the New York Giants ceased to exist in 1957 and Marichal's career began in 1960.
    I stand reproved.

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Brad, as almost always, is a voice of reason: nary a mention from him of Ryan so far.

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Congratulations to the New York Giants' 60's pitching standout, Juan 'the Diminican Dandy' Marichal for winning our 19th Greatest Pitcher Poll! He scored 37 points from our 14 voters, including 4 first place votes. The following chase pack consisted of Mordecai Brown, the Cubs' turn-of-the-century pitching ace, & Sandy Koufax, my childhood idol. Three-Fingered Brown picked up 29 points with 2 first place votes while Sandy collected 29 points and 3 first places.

Did not read the other posts but the New York Giants ceased to exist in 1957 and Marichal's career began in 1960.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X