Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good could Joe Charboneau have been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    I'll bet Joe wouldn't have even blinked about being shot like Redford, would have just poured whiskey and slapped a few bandaids on the wounds and kept playing.
    And he would have exclaimed it was a "mere flesh wound".
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
      I was in high school during Charboneau's Rookie of the Year season. In Cleveland he was seen as a self destructive version of Mark Fidrych.

I also remember his 1981 Fleer card as being the first really big money rookie card in the early 80s baseball card boom.
      It's worth 25 cents today. Odd that Fleer listed him as a DH since he played more games in the outfield than at DH in 1980.

Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        It's worth 25 cents today. Odd that Fleer listed him as a DH since he played more games in the outfield than at DH in 1980.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109642[/ATTACH]
        I don't remember anyone really caring about his Topps or Donruss cards, but the Fleer was being sold for at least $10 out of the pack at card stores in 1981.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X