Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willshad
    replied
    Williams is an inner circle hall of fame type of guy, Yaz was more of a compiler with a good peak. He's closer to guys like Dave Parker and Luis Gonzalez than he is to Ted Wiliams.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Ted is top-10 all time at worst. Yaz is top 40 at best.

Leave a comment:

• Jroll
    replied
    Originally posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Who was better, Ted Williams or Carl Yastrzemski? Yes i know it seems weird that a Yankees fan would be asking this question but i'm a huge fan of Teddy Ballgame, my grandfather is a Red Sox fan & he thinks Yaz was better so what are your thoughts?

Ted Williams and I don't think it is even close.

Yaz did win the triple crown, something Williams did twice. Both of Williams TC years were probably statistically more impressive atleast offensively. In 1941 he hit over .400, had an OPS close to 1.300.

Yaz was the better fielder but at the plate Williams is in the top 5 all time(some would say top two). Yaz had 4-5 great seasons and a bunch of really good ones, Williams had about 15 seasons that were great or close to being great, and thats with missing three of his peak years to the WWII.

I think to be fair to most players when you compare then to Williams it should be...Ted Williams age 34-41 or Frank Robinson or Yaz or Al Kaline :P
    Last edited by Jroll; 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYYankeesFan92
    started a topic Ted Williams vs Carl Yastrzemski

Ted Williams vs Carl Yastrzemski

Who was better, Ted Williams or Carl Yastrzemski? Yes i know it seems weird that a Yankees fan would be asking this question but i'm a huge fan of Teddy Ballgame, my grandfather is a Red Sox fan & he thinks Yaz was better so what are your thoughts?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X