No announcement yet.

How come Rajah doesn't get enough love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTELeague quality is higher overall, though. There's not getting around that.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, JD, there is most certainly a way around that LQ supposition. For example, If I state that LQ, 2009-2012 is in a decline similar to the 1960s and the War years [WW II], I'd love to see the arguments put forth to squash the idea, convincingly and rationally.

Then too, if I select time periods for comparison with today, in four generational sets, I'd love to see the rankings, with supportive reasons for them [as to relative league quality]. Say,:

Set 1. [1927 through 1942]

Set 2. [1947 through 1961]

Set 3. [1974 through 1998]

Set 4: [2001 through 2012]

OR, if someone has another time set, then fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by leewileyfan;2081882
      With all due respect, JD, there is most certainly a way around that LQ supposition. For example, If I state that LQ, 2009-2012 is in a decline similar to the 1960s and the War years [WW II
      , I'd love to see the arguments put forth to squash the idea, convincingly and rationally.
      Then too, if I select time periods for comparison with today, in four generational sets, I'd love to see the rankings, with supportive reasons for them [as to relative league quality]. Say,:

Set 1. [1927 through 1942]
      Set 2. [1947 through 1961]
      Set 3. [1974 through 1998]
      Set 4: [2001 through 2012]
      OR, if someone has another time set, then fine.
      I'll get back to you in the stat forum. I got interested in retention rates when comparing Dominican and US players. I want to see how those work for leagues that are relatively strong and weak by consensus: e.g. 12 team vs 8 team NL, ML vs Federal, pre- and post- vs war years. I hadn't ever thought of the 60s as a period of decline before.
      Last edited by Jackaroo Dave; 10-28-2012, 07:11 PM.
      Indeed the first step toward finding out is to acknowledge you do not satisfactorily know already; so that no blight can so surely arrest all intellectual growth as the blight of cocksureness.--CS Peirce

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X