Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leewileyfan
    replied
    In addition to Frank Lary, Charley [Paw-Paw] Maxwell was another Yankee killer for the Detroit Tigers. Before that, Pat Mullin was another Tiger in search of Yankee pithing.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Willie Stargell has 60 home runs and 182 RBI in his career and batting .287/.366/.576/.942 against the Mets.

Also, Chipper Jones beat up the Mets and Phillies in his prime.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Scott Hairston has 94 HRs over 2383 PAs during his career - that's about a home run 4% rate.

But, against the Phillies, he's a whole different player. 12 HRs in only 135 PAs helping him to a .677 SLG mark and a HR rate of 9%.
    Hairston also has a history against the Giants.

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    Marichal played in the 60s and early 70s

Rau joined the Dodgers rotation in 1974, Marichal was gone by then - Hooton joied LA even later
    Right. At my age, what's a decade or so. Make that Stan Williams and Johnny Podres.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Bud Bleepin' Norris ... Card's Killer.

ERA vs. Cards in 15 starts: 2.47
    ERA vs. the rest of MLB: 4.83

This has evened out some and will continue to, most likely, but it sure has been frustrating up to this point.

Leave a comment:

• JR Hart
    replied
    I remember when Jack Clark was a Giant that he killed the Pirates. I looked it up, I was right. Apparantly, he continued on the Cards, and Padres also. Against Pitt, Clark had 38 hrs in 440 ABs. His line is .317/.413/.636 vs Pitt. In 1982 at Three Rivers, in 22 AB Clark had 5 hrs 17 rbi, and his line was .455/.520/1.182

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Scott Hairston has 94 HRs over 2383 PAs during his career - that's about a home run 4% rate.

But, against the Phillies, he's a whole different player. 12 HRs in only 135 PAs helping him to a .677 SLG mark and a HR rate of 9%.

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackaroo Dave View Post
    That confirms what I had always felt. Ditto Marichal, who, as I recall, was usually facing Drysdale, not Rau or Hooten.
    Marichal played in the 60s and early 70s

Rau joined the Dodgers rotation in 1974, Marichal was gone by then - Hooton joied LA even later

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    Willie Mays career splits AT Ebbetts Field
    56 games
    248 PA
    220 AB
    78 hits
    .355 BA
    7 2B
    2 3B
    28 HR
    60 RBI
    .419 OB%
    .786 Slugging %
    OPS 1.206
    That confirms what I had always felt. Ditto Marichal, who, as I recall, was usually facing Drysdale, not Rau or Hooten.
    Last edited by Jackaroo Dave; 09-30-2012, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
    Juan Marichal killed the Dodgers (from the mound) 37-18 2.36

Of course he was also tough on the:

Cubs 23-8 2.60
    Pirates 27-12 2.81
    Mets 26-8 2.13

Well he was just really good
    17-5 during the key years 1962-1966

Leave a comment:

• JR Hart
    replied
    Juan Marichal killed the Dodgers (from the mound) 37-18 2.36

Of course he was also tough on the:

Cubs 23-8 2.60
    Pirates 27-12 2.81
    Mets 26-8 2.13

Well he was just really good

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Willie Mays career splits AT Ebbetts Field

56 games
    248 PA
    220 AB
    78 hits
    .355 BA
    7 2B
    2 3B
    28 HR
    60 RBI
    .419 OB%
    .786 Slugging %
    OPS 1.206

Leave a comment:

• chinese home run
    replied
    Sal Maglie was a Dodger killer, and especially at Ebbets Field. I think Maglie went 23-11 against the Dodgers, and was something like 11-4 at Ebbets Field. And that was after a bad year in 1955- they finally got to him by then.

Ironically, he became a Dodger in 1956 and helped them win the pennant. Helped a youngster along named Don Drysdale and took him under his wing as well.

I seem to remember that Carl Erskine was deadly against the Cardinals, and Russ Meyer used to pitch very well against the Cubs. I think he went close to five years without losing to the Cubs.

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    The immortal Jhonny Peralta has been a White Sox-killer in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobu Voodoo View Post
    Every so often, you run across a player that has an amazing track record against a certain team; typically it is a noted rival. Name some players that consistently crushed the ball against a certain team on a regular basis. For instance, during this era, Paul Konerko and A.J. Perzynski have been absolute Indian Killers during their careers.
    Although they may have had quite a few big hits against the Indians, Konerko's career stats vs. the Indians are actually slightly below his career average. A.J.'s are just a little above average.

Of all the AL teams, Robinson Cano has hit best against the Indians.

Vladimir Guerrero killed the Phillies (.371, 31 HRs in 326 ABs) and the Rangers.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X