Total number of Babe Ruth home runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total number of Babe Ruth home runs

We all know the 714. Then there were 15 WS home runs, 1 All-Star and 1 minor league HR. But what about others? I have looked online but haven't been able to find any consolidated stats for Spring Training games, exhibition games, barnstorming games, etc. I've always wondered about his home rums and stats in general in those games.

Does any body have any information on this?

Thanks!

Check out the book by Bill Jenkinson - The Year Babe Ruth Hit 104 Home Runs. It lists about all you'd want to know about home runs. One example: I live in San Antonio, Texas. Babe Ruth hit home runs here in exhibition games, one in the early twenties and another in the early thirties. Trust me, this book has the most exhaustive list of Babe's homers ever printed.
    ". . . the Ruth, the whole Ruth and nothing but the Ruth . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
      Check out the book by Bill Jenkinson - The Year Babe Ruth Hit 104 Home Runs. It lists about all you'd want to know about home runs. One example: I live in San Antonio, Texas. Babe Ruth hit home runs here in exhibition games, one in the early twenties and another in the early thirties. Trust me, this book has the most exhaustive list of Babe's homers ever printed.
      Bill did some job on this book. He even lists 43 bunt hits, yes bunt hits, with dates.
      There may have been more, game recaps back then did not list all bunt hits.
      I've looked over hundreds of game recaps from the newspaper archives and have seen a number of Babe sacrifice bunts to advance runners. When do we ever see any heavy hitters bunt today. Probably some of these attempted sac bunts turned out to be base hits. When Babe was at bat it would be foolish and dangerous for any infielder to play Babe close.

Comment

I was able to get the book used on Amazon for $2 + $4 shipping and it has been a good read for me on my commute. Only about 50 pages in but I can see that it will help answer my question. I'll tabulate the numbers and post once I am finished with the book. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X