1994 player projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 player projections

I tried searching, and was surprised that I couldn't find a single thread based on player projections from 1994 had there been no strike. So, has anyone done any for the star players of that year? Let's here what you've got!
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Matt Williams 62 home runs, baby!!! :hyper:

(Though I think Bonds may have passed Williams at some point).
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Derek Jeter may have debuted a year earlier. He was doing very well in AAA in 1994 and could have been a late season call up.

Comment

My first year into the AL players in fantasy baseball terms. I had Bernie Williams figured as a 20/20 .900 OPS guy pegged and bid a ton for three years of his service. He panned out very well, but I missed the 20/20 in '04 - and any others for that matter as he wasn't the base stealer I thought he could have been.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

The SI article on the Frank Thomas General thread, said he was on pace to be the first player with .350 BA, 50 homers and 150 BBs. Guess they forgot about Ruth in 1920.

Thomas was on a tear that year and with a big push in BA, or some failure by the two ahead of him, he had a shot at that extremely rare, but random and lucky triple crown feat. Anything can happen when someone is on a "pace" but that year was interesting for sure. With 40 HR, Griffey equaled his 1997 AB/HR of 10.8 that produced 56 dongs. A hotter week here or there, maybe Mac and Sosa are chasing Griffey instead of Maris.

Maddux's outlandish ERA+ of 271 probably comes down a bit but not much. FOUR HOMERS GIVEN UP IN 202 IP is pretty legit. And giving him 10 or 11 more starts; his 16 wins become 20+ to give him three straight years with 20 wins. Granted, wins means squat, in particular with Maddux. With more run support, he could have about 12 straight years of 20+ wins.

Comment

The Stats 1995 Major League Handbook has full season projections for all players. I can give you some excerpts when I get home tonight. Amazon still has copies for sale.
            Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice.

Comprehensive Reform for the Veterans Committee -- Fixing the Hall continued.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure of one thing: Fred McGriff would have over 500 career home runs and be in the Hall Of Fame. He was on pace for his best season in 1994: 48 home runs and 134 RBI.

Chuck Knoblauch was on pace for 64-65 doubles.
              Last edited by GiambiJuice; 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
                The SI article on the Frank Thomas General thread, said he was on pace to be the first player with .350 BA, 50 homers and 150 BBs. Guess they forgot about Ruth in 1920.

Thomas was on a tear that year and with a big push in BA, or some failure by the two ahead of him, he had a shot at that extremely rare, but random and lucky triple crown feat
                Thomas also had an outside shot at 150 RBI that year too. His 1994 was truly historic. So sad we'll never know.
                Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

Albert Belle was on pace for 50 doubles 51 HRs, and 422 total bases.

Comment

Kenny Lofton was on pace for 86 SB, 229 hits, 150 runs, and 10.1 WAR.

Comment

I liked watching him play. Just wish he was a bit more patient.

Hey pheasant, you seem to be good at projections, and I'm not. Can you look at this post http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...768#post397768
                      and tell me what 1994 projects to?

Comment

So does Gwynn hit .400?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=b#month::none

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
                          I liked watching him play. Just wish he was a bit more patient.

Hey pheasant, you seem to be good at projections, and I'm not. Can you look at this post http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...768#post397768
                          and tell me what 1994 projects to?
                          If you are referring to 1994, I get 168 HRs hit for the average team over 162 games.

Are you referring to Belle or Lofton? I really liked watching Lofton play. I still think he's on of the all time greatest defensive centerfielders. I thought I read that he ran a 3.1 to first base, but I'm not positive. He was blazing fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
                            I think Gwynn would have hit .400 that year.

Comment

Any projections for a Babe Ruth on a rigid weight training program on the best steroids possible playing in Coors Field 1994?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X