Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willshad
    replied
    I picked Pinson, but looking at the stats again, I would probably pick Oliver. He aged MUCH better than Pinson, and actually had his best season at age 35. From age 27-35, Pinson had just a 103 OPS+, while Oliver had a 131 OPS+ during the same age span. Oddly, Pnson has much more offensive WAR that Oliver, despite Oliver being the much better hitter.

Leave a comment:

• Los Bravos
    replied
    Pinson, just slightly

Vada was a terrific all around player. AO was a masher. Both really underrated, at least in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Agreed with the masses here. Oliva and Pinson are neck-and-neck. Both top 200 position players and well ahead of Anderson.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    Pinson and Oliver make an interesting comparison. Anderson is several notches below them. Hall of Very Good for the first two, but Hall of Sorta Kinda Good for Anderson.

Leave a comment:

• bluesky5
    replied
    Swish, Whats up homie!? C-Town huh?

I went with Pinson. No research.

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    I don't see much overall difference between Oliver and Pinson, but Anderson, although a good fielder, was barely league average as a hitter and was 33rd in WAR runs above average (-13) and 31st in OPS+ (102) among left fielders between 1990 and 2012. I had thought that he was undeservedly overlooked, but his nice triple crown numbers owe a lot to his era. Even his 4-year bump from 2000 to 2003 was not overwhelming, as the league also had a bump around then.

Leave a comment:

• Muncus Agruncus
    started a poll Pinson, Oliver or Anderson?

Pinson, Oliver or Anderson?

Vada Pinson
    86.67%
    Al Oliver
    6.67%
    Garret Anderson
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Who was the best player of these three?

Vada Pinson
    Al Oliver
    Garret Anderson