Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since 1941 who has been over .400 in August?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnstormer
    Derrek Lee has gone 10 for 23 in the last week, bringing his season ave. up to .396.....and his lifetime average up to .275!!
    If Lee goes 3/4 tonight he will be right at .400!!

Never mind Lee already played today, hit 2 HRs, and is hitting .395!!!
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 06-23-2005, 03:43 PM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

He went 3-4 with 2 homers in todays game and I think that he is at .395 now...

He is only 2 rbi's from Carlos Lee from leading in every triple crown catagory..

Very Impressive...
      "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
      ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru
        He went 3-4 with 2 homers in todays game and I think that he is at .395 now...

He is only 2 rbi's from Carlos Lee from leading in every triple crown catagory..

Very Impressive...
        How is Lee doing this?
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Does anyone have daily stats for Ted Williams 1957 season? Retrosheet doesn't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
            If Lee goes 3/4 tonight he will be right at .400!!

Never mind Lee already played today, hit 2 HRs, and is hitting .395!!!
            You were just a day early with your post. He needs to go 3/4 tonight to be at .400

Comment

never mind

Comment

Is it August already?
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Bob "Hurricane" Hazle of the 1957 Milwaukee Braves, maybe?

Comment

When Ted Williams hit .388, he was at .401 on June 5 and never saw .400 again.

In 1994, the latest Gwynn saw .400 was May 15.

In 1977, the latest Carew saw .400 was July 10.

Ichiro never saw .400 when he hit .372 in 2004.

In 2000, the latest Todd Helton saw .400 was June 10, Nomar last saw it last on July 20.

In 1999, Larry Walker last saw it on May 26.

In 1997, Tony Gwynn last saw .400 on July 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                      Is it August already?
                      I posted in the wrong thread!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox Rule View Post
                        When Ted Williams hit .388, he was at .401 on June 5 and never saw .400 again.

In 1994, the latest Gwynn saw .400 was May 15.

In 1977, the latest Carew saw .400 was July 10.

Ichiro never saw .400 when he hit .372 in 2004.

In 2000, the latest Todd Helton saw .400 was June 10, Nomar last saw it last on July 20.

In 1999, Larry Walker last saw it on May 26.

In 1997, Tony Gwynn last saw .400 on July 14.
                        I did some research last year and I only found four players over .400 after July 1st since 1941. I couldn't find any daily stats for Stan Musial 1948 season. He hit .376 in 1948.

09/18/1980 George Brett
                        08/02/1993 John Olerud
                        07/17/2000 Nomar Gaciaparra
                        07/10/1977 Rod Carew

In 2000 Todd Helton was at .399 (one hit short of .400) on August 18th

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                          As for Gwynn in 1994, he was only three hits shy of .400 when the strike hit.
                          In '97, Gwinn made it through July 14th at .402.

And lookling game-by-game at his '94 and '97 seasons, as well as '93, '95 and '96, he could have hit .400, and not just once. He was basically in the .380s all year long until September.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                            Is it August already?
                            No, but this is a very august topic.

Below are Ted Williams and teammate Joe DiMaggio, right after Williams won the All Star Game in July of '41. DiMaggio was well on track to break .400 until the very end of the season when he forced to continue playing despite an eye infection. He lost about twenty points in two weeks or so, and ended up with a measley .381.
                            Last edited by TRfromBR; 05-09-2007, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Thought these might have done it, but
                              Nomar .394 on 8/6/00
                              Boggs .381 on 8/14/83, .371 on 8/16/87
                              Bonds .375 on 9/14/02, .375 on 9/12/04
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by TRfromBR View Post
                                No, but this is a very august topic.

Below are Ted Williams and teammate Joe DiMaggio, right after Williams won the All Star Game in July of '41. DiMaggio was well on track to break .400 until the very end of the season when he forced to continue playing despite an eye infection. He lost about twenty points in two weeks or so, and ended up with a measley .381.
                                Since when is batting .381 considered "measly"? Are you referring to 1939? DiMaggio only hit .357 in 1941.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X