Dominican Winter League 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melky Cabrera pics

Are there any availabel from the Eagles? I tried emailing them and got no response.

Comment

Originally posted by Reds Nd2
      Muchas gracias for the updates!
      No problem, I like this job! So bad's gone in february

First, can you confirm that Edwin Encarnacion has been playing 2B? If so, how has he looked on defense?
      No, he has been playing 3rd base for the eagles. He's been average in defense.

Numbers: 24H in 92AB for a 261AVG. 18R, 5Doubles, 1Triple, 3HR, 12RBI, 11BB and 12K in 25 games. 339OBP

Is Wily Mo Peña playing 1B and how many games has he started at that position? How has he looked on defense at first base?
      No. He has been playing in the outfield, basically RF. He has played at first, but i don't have the exact number... He has really progressed with his bat, not going away with bad pitches (sliders low and away like he usually does). Actually, he's taken a lot of walks.

Numbers: 21H in 51Ab for a 412Avg. 10R, 1 2b, 5HR, 14RBI, 8BB and 8K in 13 games. He's also stolen a base, and has a 500OBP

I believe you mentioned Jung Bong. Would that be Jung Keun Bong from the Cincinnati Reds?
      I'm not sure if that's the Jung Bong. It sure looks like him (even though most eastern people look alike ), and it's also a lefty. He hasn't looked pretty well though. :noidea

Stats: 1-3 4.22ERA 7GS 32.0IP 19R 15ER 37H 9BB 25K 282OBA 1.44WHIP

And do you have any information on Joe Valentine and Elizardo Ramierez?

Thanks again for the updates. They have been great.
      I haven't heard about a Joe Valentine here. Below the numbers for Elizardo Ramirez

0-3 5.21ERA 5APP 19.0IP 18R 11ER 30H 6BB 8K 357OBA 1.89WHIP (ouch)

Any another info, feel free to ask
      Licey campeón today and always!

Comment

Originally posted by comptixking
        Are there any availabel from the Eagles? I tried emailing them and got no response.
        I'll try to get them for u

Comment

This season 5 players from Dominican Republic played for my team,Fortitudo Bologna,that won italian title.
          http://www.fortitudobaseball.com
          They are Kelly Ramos,Jorge Nunez,Wadi Almonte ,Juan Figueroa and Jesus Matos (the best pitcher of the league this year,better than Jaime Navarro that last year dominated here).
          Did you know ? Are they pitching in the Dominican Winter League now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Piazza
            This season 5 players from Dominican Republic played for my team,Fortitudo Bologna,that won italian title.
            http://www.fortitudobaseball.com
            They are Kelly Ramos,Jorge Nunez,Wadi Almonte ,Juan Figueroa and Jesus Matos (the best pitcher of the league this year,better than Jaime Navarro that last year dominated here).
            Did you know ? Are they pitching in the Dominican Winter League now ?

They're not playing this year here. I think Kelly Ramos' playing in Colombia

Comment

Tourney resumes today

After the all-star break, the season goes to its final strech... 10 games remaining for each team, were no one is disqualified just yet, but the giants and the stars are almost packing...

Today's Games
              Eagles @ Tigers
              Jared Fernandez 3-3 3.43 vs. Manny Aybar 0-0 2.02

Bulls @ Giants
              Eude Brito 1-3 5.12 vs. Tony Peña 1-4 4.83

Lions @ Stars
              Ezequiel Astacio (debut) vs. Luis Martinez 0-1 12.26

Here are the updated standings:

Team W-L GB WPct Strk Home Away
              Licey 24-16 0.0 .600 3W
              Eagles 23-17 1.0 .575 1W
              Bulls 21-19 3.0 .525 2L
              Lions 21-19 3.0 .525 2W
              Stars 16-24 7.0 .400 1W
              Giants 13-27 11.0 .325 4L
              Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-13-2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Eagles back at first... Stars and Giants stay alive

I'm really on a rush today, so'll make it short...

The eagles, behind a strong performance of knucleballer Jared Fernandez, beat the tigers 4-1. Fernandez pitched 7.1 scoreless innings, struck out 6, and allowed just 3 hits. Juan Cruz made the start for the tigers, and settled with the loss. Magic number for the leader's now 4.

The giants made a come from behind win and beat the bulls 2-1. The stars left the lions in the field, beating them 5-4

Today's Games
                Giants @ Tigers
                Lions @ Bulls
                Stars @ Eagles

Licey 24-17 0.0 .585 1L
                Eagles 24-17 0.0 .585 1W
                Bulls 21-20 3.0 .512 3L
                Lions 21-20 3.0 .512 1L
                Stars 17-24 6.0 .415 2W
                Giants 14-27 10.0 .341 1W
                Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-15-2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Escogido keeps sliding... Licey remains in 1st

Danny Tamayo had a superb performance starting the game against the Giants. He pitched 7 innings, allowing just 4 hits and a run, with 2 strike outs. Jorge Sosa pitched the 8th, and Yhency Brazoban got his 13th save. The tigers had their big inning in the 5th when Napoleon Calzado singled, Ron Belliard tripled and the Jayson Bass homered to put the game 3-0.

In La Romana, the starters Daniel Cabrera (bulls) and Roman Colon (lions) pitched 5 shutout innings each. The game went to the bottom of the 9th tied at 2, and Juan Senreiso singled, then a sac bunt moved him to 2nd, and the a wild throw of the pitcher to 3rd when the runner was moving, allowed him to come in with the game winning run.

The game between the stars and the eagles was rained out and is going to be played as part of a doubleheader on wednesday.

Today's Games
                  Giants @ Lions
                  Aquilino Lopez 3-2 3.41 vs. Jorge DePaula 0-0 3.12

Tigers @ Stars
                  Valerio de los Santos 2-0 3.10 vs. Anastacio Martinez 2-2 4.29

Bulls @ Eagles
                  Raul Valdez 5-2 2.86 vs. Jose Lima 2-1 3.07

Licey 25-17 0.0 .595 1W
                  Eagles 24-17 0.5 .585 1W
                  Bulls 22-20 3.0 .524 1W
                  Lions 21-21 4.0 .500 2L
                  Stars 17-24 6.5 .415 2W
                  Giants 14-27 11.0 .333 1L
                  Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-15-2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

The Giants gave the Lions their 3rd straight loss, putting them under 500 for the 1st time this season, by outdueling them 1-0. Aquilino Lopez pitched 5.2 innings, allowing 5 hits, a walk, and strucking out 4. Jorge De Paula pitched 5 innings were he just allowed a run of the bat of Wilson Valdez, who hit a single.

In Santiago, the Bulls won the season series against the eagles, winning that game 5-4 in 11 innings. The Bulls won the series 6-4, sweeping the eagles IN THEIR HOME 5-0, and winning 1 of 5 in La Romana (their home) :noidea ODD SERIES

Anyhow, they now take a 2 game lead on the lions in the 3rd spot. Juan Melo, who was 0-4 in his previous AB, hit the game winning homerun of Franquelis Osoria in the top of the 11th. Julio Mañon closed the game for the save. The Eagles opened the score in the 5th with 3 runs against starter Raul Valdez, but they answered in the bottom of the 5th against Jose Lima, and made 4 runs, thanks to some sloppy defense. Esteban German kept his MVP run, going 4-5.

The Tigers on the other hand, took more distance in 1st place, and pounded the stars 13-4. Their magic number's now down to 1 :gt . Carlos Ruiz hit a triple with the bases loaded, and Licey got homers from José Bautista, Willy Otáñez y Ronnie Belliard, to lead the offense.

Today's Games
                    Bulls @ Lions
                    Tigers @ Giants (Game 1)
                    Tigers @ Giants (Game 2)
                    Eagles @ Stars

Licey 26-17 0.0 .605 2W
                    Eagles 24-18 1.5 .571 1L
                    Bulls 23-20 2.0 .535 2W
                    Lions 21-22 5.0 .488 3L
                    Stars 17-25 7.5 .405 1L
                    Giants 16-27 10.0 .372 1W

Comment

• The Tigres website, www.licey.com, is the most reliable place I know to get the Liga Dominicana statistics and box scores.

Say, Licey Fan, have you had a chance to see Midre Cummings play for the Aguilas? This is the first time he's ever played winter ball at age 34. He's trying to get noticed and land a spring training invitation. Every year he has to scrap for a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by VIBaseball
                        The Tigres website, www.licey.com, is the most reliable place I know to get the Liga Dominicana statistics and box scores.

Say, Licey Fan, have you had a chance to see Midre Cummings play for the Aguilas? This is the first time he's ever played winter ball at age 34. He's trying to get noticed and land a spring training invitation. Every year he has to scrap for a job.
                        I've been impressed of what I've seen of him...

And yes, licey.com is where I get all of my stats

Comment

• Licey clinches playoff berth! Take distance at first

The Tigers secured their presence in the postseason by sweeping the doubleheader against the Giants. Game one ended 6-2 and game 2 ended 5-3. Willis Otañez was the main character in both games, homering and driving in 4 in both games. Ramon Ortiz made his debut in the 2nd game.

The Lions snapped the losing streak they had, and reduced their magic number to 6. Neifi Perez hit a 2 run shot in the 4th to lead the lions to a 5-3. Miguel Olivo also hit a solo shot for the lions.

The stars left the eagles in the field, beating them 7-6 in extrainnings.

Today's Games
                          Lions @ Tigers
                          Nerio Rodriguez 3-3 3.38 vs. Erick Knott 4-3 4.02

Giants @ Eagles
                          E. Ulloa 0-4 6.53 vs. Jose Acevedo 0-0 1.17

Stars @ Bulls
                          Luis Martinez 0-1 12.26 vs. Edison Volquez 1-0 2.51

x-Licey 28-17 0.0 .622 4W
                          Eagles 24-19 3.0 .558 2L
                          Bulls 23-21 4.5 .523 1L
                          Lions 22-22 5.5 .500 1W
                          Stars 18-24 8.0 .442 1W
                          z-Giants 16-29 12.0 .356 2L

x- Clinched Playoff Berth
                          z- Disqualified. Cannot make playoffs
                          Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-17-2005, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Hey Licey...

Anymore news on how Felix Heredia is doing? Thanks!

Comment

• Playoffs?

When do the Playoffs start? What is the format? I will be in Punta Cana January 20-27 and would like to check out the Bulls in La Romana. they are the nearest team, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Biittner
                                When do the Playoffs start? What is the format? I will be in Punta Cana January 20-27 and would like to check out the Bulls in La Romana. they are the nearest team, right?

They playoffs start december 26... Is a 4 team round robin... Each team plays 18 games, 8 against every other team... Top 2 advance to the dominican series that start january 20th... If you are coming that date, I don't know if the bulls will still be playing, it depends if they make it to the finals

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X