Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominican Winter League 2005

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let's go Toros(Bulls)

    Originally posted by Licey Fan
    Today playoff season starts... The round robin gets underway and everybody's back to zero again... 18 games each, top 2 teams advances to the best of 9 final series...

    The Lions had the best record among qualified teams (17-13). Eagles and Tigers both played for 500 (15-15), and the bulls had a 13-17 record. All of that is history right now, as these games are the ones that matter... Licey campeon!! (Right Jim?) :gt


    Today's Games
    Lions @ Eagles
    Bulls @ Tigers


    Here are the updated ROUND ROBIN standings:

    Team W-L GB WPct Strk
    Licey 0-0 0.0 .000
    Eagles 0-0 0.0 .000
    Lions 0-0 0.0 .000
    Bulls 0-0 0.0 .000
    No, man! Los Toros del Este will become champs even though we already lost the first game versus the Tigers.

    With the likes of former Havana Cowboys Raul Valdez, former Industrialist Lions prospect Brayan Pena and former Villa Clara Orange Growers Jorge Toca, the Bulls will battle the Eagles and the Tigers for the Crown.

    Where can you get update boxscores?
    Licey.com does not have the recent boxscores.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cubano100%
      No, man! Los Toros del Este will become champs even though we already lost the first game versus the Tigers.

      With the likes of former Havana Cowboys Raul Valdez, former Industrialist Lions prospect Brayan Pena and former Villa Clara Orange Growers Jorge Toca, the Bulls will battle the Eagles and the Tigers for the Crown.

      Where can you get update boxscores?
      Licey.com does not have the recent boxscores.
      Good luck!! The bulls where the most stable team the whole season.. They never got into streaks, so they're a terrible team to beat... We really had a hard time yesterday

      And the boxscore of yesterday's game is here: http://www.licey.com/pbp2005/pbp2005.asp
      Licey campeón today and always!

      Comment


      • Eagles and Tigers punch ahead!

        Eastern Bulls 8 at Licey Tigers 9 (11 innings)

        Napoleon Calzado (picture) hit a infield hit with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 11th, to lead the tigers past the bulls 9-8. Even though the score doesn't tells so, the game was an exhibition of great defense, is just that it had bad pitching.

        The only good pitching performance was out of Pedro Liriano, who came in after starter Manny Aybar allowed 4 runs in the 1st inning. Liriano pitched 2.2 and struck out 7!!

        The tigers had an excellent offensive performance out of Erick Aybar, who went 5-5 and got a BB. Ron Belliard (who tied up the game twice) and Napoleon Calzado both went 3-6 to lead the offense. Yhency Brazoban (1-0) got the W, and Eude Brito (0-1) settled with the loss.

        The best offensively for the bulls were Esteban German and Kenny Perez, 3 hits each; Ben Johson hit a 3 run shot in 5AB

        Scoring Summary
        Bulls 1st: Manny Aybar pitching. Eddy Garabito singled, Brayan Pena walked, Jorge Toca grounded out, 1 RBI; Ben Johnson hit 3-run home run; Juan Melo walked. PITCHING CHANGE: PEDRO LIRIANO. Luis Terrero struck out swinging, Juan Senreiso struck out swinging.
        Bulls 4 - Tigers 0

        Licey 1st: Edison Volquez on the mound for the bulls. Anderson Hernandez flied out. Erick Aybar walked, advanced to 3rd on wild pitch. Jose Offerman grounded out, 1 RBI. Willis Otanez struck out swinging.
        Bulls 4 - Tigers 1

        Licey 4th: Still pitching Volquez. Willis Otanez struck out swinging.
        Andy Abad lined out. Ronnie Belliard reached on error, advanced to 2nd on error. Napoleon Calzado hit 2-run home run. Jose Bautista struck out swinging.
        Bulls 4 - Tigers 3


        Licey 5th: Volquez' still on the mound. Carlos Ruiz struck out swinging. Anderson Hernandez singled. Erick Aybar tripled, scoring Hernandez. Jose Offerman singled, Aybar scores. PITCHING CHANGE: ALFREDO GONZALEZ. Willis Otanez struck out swinging. Andy Abad grounded out.
        Bulls 4 - Tigers 5

        Bulls 6th: Eddie Ramos starts the inning. Jorge Toca struck out looking. Ben Johnson singled. PITCHING CHANGE: JUAN CEDEÑO.
        Juan Melo singled, advanced to 2nd on error, tagged out going to 3rd, but the run scores. PITCHING CHANGE: ROBERTO NOVOA. Luis Terrero reached on fielder's choice. Juan Senreiso flied out.
        Bulls 5 - Tigers 5

        Bulls 9th: NEW PITCHER: JORGE SOSA. Juan Melo singles. Luis Terrero grounded out.Juan Senreiso struck out swinging. Kenny Perez doubled, scoring Melo. Esteban German triples, scoring Perez. Eddy Garabito struck out looking.
        Bulls 7 - Tigers 5

        Licey 9th: NEW PITCHER: JULIO MAÑON. Erick Aybar singled. Jose Offerman flied out foul. Willis Otanez flied out. Andy Abad tripled, scoring Aybar. Ronnie Belliard singled, scoring Aybar. Napoleon Calzado flied out.
        Bulls 7 - Tigers 7

        Bulls 11th: NEW PITCHER: YHENCY BRAZOBAN. Ruddy Yan singled.
        Luis Terrero grounded out. Juan Senreiso grounded out. Kenny Perez singled, scoring Yan. Esteban German singled. Eddy Garabito walked. Brayan Pena struck out swinging.
        Bulls 8 - Tigers 7

        Licey 11th: NEW PITCHER: EUDE BRITO. Erick Aybar singled. Jose Offerman walked. D'ANGELO JIMENEZ PH FOR OTAÑEZ. Hits sacrifice bunt.
        Andy Abad intentionally walked, to load the bases. PITCHING CHANGE: JOSELO DIAZ. Ronnie Belliard singles, driving in Aybar. Napoleon Calzado singles, drives in winning run in the legs of Offerman.
        Bulls 8 - Tigers 9 FINAL

        TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 R H E
        EB 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 00 01 8 13 2
        LT 1 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 2 00 02 9 16 2

        W: Yhency Brazoban (1-0)
        L: Eude Brito (0-1)

        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Escogido Lions 3 at Cibao Eagles 9

        Luis Polonia (picture) went 4-5 with a double and 2 RBI's, and Victor Diaz hit a double and a HR, to lead the orange offense to a 9-3 victory over the lions! Jose Acevedo got the victory pitching 5 innings, were he allowed 3 runs and 4 hits, walked 1 and struck out 4. Roman Colon got the loss fot the lions.

        Scoring Summary
        Eagles 1st: Roman Colon starts the game. Bernie Castro, infield single. Luis Polonia, RBI double. Miguel Tejada singles, driving in Polonia. Wily Mo Peña ground out. Víctor Díaz GIDP
        Lions 0 - Eagles 2

        Eagles 2nd: Tony Batista homers. José Fernández 4-3. Alexis Gómez 4-3. Alberto Castillo 4-3
        Lions 0 - Eagles 3

        Escogido 3rd: Acevedo on the mound. Izzy Alcantara walks. Miguel Olivo flyout. Quincy Foster 4-3, advancing Izzy. Neifi Perez RBI single to RF. Juan Uribe grounds to SS.
        Lions 1 - Eagles 3

        Escogido 5th: Matt Watson strikes out. Alcántara triples, scoring on a sac fly by Olivo. Foster strikes out.
        Lions 2 - Eagles 3

        Eagles 5th: Alexis Gómez doubles. Castillo 1-4. Bernie Castro RBI triple. Luis Polonia line out. Tejada HBP. Mo Peña strikes out.
        Lions 2 - Eagles 4

        Escogido 6th: Neifi Pérez singles. Juan Uribe flys out. PITCHING CHANGE: WANDY RODRIGUEZ. J.R. Pillips walks. Wilson Betemit K'ed. Angel Peña, walked, bases loaded. Matt Watson RBI single, Phillips gunned at the plate.
        Lions 3 - Eagles 4

        Eagles 6th: Colon still on the mound. Díaz solo homerun. Batista walked. Fernández walked. PITCHING CHANGE: FRANKLIN GRACESQUI. Gómez singles, and Batista scores because of a throwing error. Castillo 4-3. Castro 6-3. Polonia RBI infield hit. Melky Cabrera pinchruns for Alexis Gomez, and scores on a balk. Tejada roller to short.
        Lions 3 - Eagles 8

        Eagles 7th: Mo Peña strikes out. Díaz doubles. Batista fly out. Fernández RBI single. Melky Cabrera walked. Castillo grounds out.

        Lions 3 - Eagles 9 FINAL

        TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
        EL 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 3
        CE 2 1 0 0 1 4 1 0 0 8

        W: Jose Acevedo (1-0)
        L: Roman Colon (0-1)

        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Today's Preview

        Games 2 of this 3 game set are played today. Same teams, changing home stadiums.

        Today's Games
        Eagles @ Lions
        Robinson Tejada 0-0 0.00 vs. Jorge DePaula 0-0 0.00

        Tigers @ Bulls
        Juan Carlos Cruz 0-0 0.00 vs. Daniel Cabrera 0-0 0.00

        Here are the updated ROUND ROBIN standings:

        Team W-L GB WPct Strk
        Licey 1-0 0.0 .999 1W
        Eagles 1-0 0.0 .999 1W
        Lions 0-1 1.0 .000 1L
        Bulls 0-1 1.0 .000 1L
        Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-27-2005, 02:47 PM.
        Licey campeón today and always!

        Comment


        • Regular Season Awards

          In a really closed fashion that need to rounds to define, Willis Otañez won the regular season MVP award. He beat the bulls' Esteban German 24-20 in a vote-off after being tied 22 apiece in the first voting session. German won the award in the "Dominican First Award", thus this is an unofficial award ceremony where only dominicans can participate. (I myself think that German deserves it the most, even though im a licey fan).

          Otañez' Stats: 43G, 168AB, 20R, 51H, 10Doubles, 7HR, 31RBI, 14BB, 29K, 0SB, .304AVG, .366OBP

          German's Stats: 47G, 181AB, 35R, 60H, 5Doubles, 2Triples, 0HR, 19RBI, 36BB, 18K, 30SB, .331AVG, .443OBP



          Rafael "Prendalinda (pretty clothes)" Santana, manager of the Bulls, got the Manager of the year Award easily in both versions. He got the bulls the postseason after 3 years out, with a team without big names. Well Deserved!

          Anderson Hernandez did his part in the rookie of the year award. He had no sincere competition... Look at his numbers:

          40G, 166AB, 23R, 51H, 4Doubles, 3Triples, 1HR, 22RBI, 12BB, 20K, 7SB, .307AVG, .352OBP

          Yhency Brazoban won the pitcher of the year award. Raul Valdez had the inside track, but he didn't win a game in december... In the meantime, Brazoban's closer competitor made 6 saves... Stats:

          3-2 1.64ERA, .250 OBA, 22G, 14SV, 22.0 IP, 21H, 7R, 4ER, 6BB and 21K (8.59 K/9 and a 1.23WHIP)
          Licey campeón today and always!

          Comment


          • Eagles and Tigers win second straight

            Licey Tigers 7 at Eastern Bulls 4

            Andy "Tulile" Abad went 3-4, driving in 3, with a double; and Juan Cruz pitched 5.1 strong, to lead the tigers to a 7-4 victory over the bulls. The game was lost by Daniel Cabrera who allowed 5 runs.

            Brayan Peña was the best in the offense for the bulls, going 2-4, with a triple and a single and 2 rbi's (even though he killed the ball yesterday, hitting to the wall twice, but didn't make it enough for a HR)

            Scoring Summary
            Licey 1st: Daniel Cabrera pitching. Anderson Hernández BB. Erick Aybar singles, Hernández to third by RF error. José Offerman strikes out, but Aybar steals 2nd. Andy Abad single, 2 score. Ronnie Belliard struck out. Napoleón Calzado 6-3.
            Licey 2 - Bulls 0

            Licey 4th: Cabrera's still pitching. Calzado LCF double. Carlos Ruiz sac bunt, Calzado to third. Manny Martínez RBI single. Martínez thrown out in 2nd trying to steal. Hernández strikes out, reaches to 1st on pass ball. Aybar fly out.
            Licey 3 - Bulls 0

            Licey 5th: Cabrera on the box. Offerman 4-3. Otáñez singles, and moves to second on WP. Abad RBI double. Belliard reaches on 2 base error of 3B German, scoring Abad. PITCHING CHANGE: FELIX HEREDIA. Calzado 6-3. Ruiz RBI single. Martínez flys out
            Licey 6 - Bulls 0

            Bulls 5th: Cruz' on the mound since the start of the game. Juan Melo doubles. Luis Terrero doubles, scoring Melo. Kenny Pérez flys out. Esteban Germán 5-3. Eddy Garabito pops out.
            Licey 6 - Bulls 1

            Bulls 6th: Cruz still pitching. Brayan Peña triples. Jorge Toca sac fly. PITCHING CHANGE: MELQUIS TORRES. Ben Johnson singles. PITCHING CHANGE: VALERIO DE LOS SANTOS. Jim Rushford RBI triple. Melo pops out to 1st. Terrero fly out
            Licey 6 - Bulls 3

            Licey 8th: Hector Ramirez' pitching since the 7th. Ruiz singles. Martínez does the same, Ruiz to third. Hernández forces Ruiz in 2nd, run scores. Aybar flys out. Offerman 6-3.
            Licey 7 - Bulls 3

            Bulls 9th: Carlos Pérez pitching since the 8th. Kenny Pérez struck out. Germán walks. Garabito singles. Peña flys out. Toca RBI single to LF. Johnson forces Toca in 2nd to end the ball game.
            Licey 7 - Bulls 4 FINAL

            TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
            LT 2 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 7 11 2
            EB 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 4 13 2

            W: Juan Carlos Cruz (1-0)
            L: Daniel Cabrera (0-1)
            S: Yhency Brazoban (1)

            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Cibao Eagles 9 at Escogido Lions 5

            Wily Mo Peña drove in 3 runs and the Eagles got their 2nd win in the Round Robin 9 to 5. The 3 game series goes back to Santiago tonight for the rubber game. The game was secured in the 3rd inning, when they made a 5 run rally. The win was for Fernando Hernandez, who came in relief for the injured Robinson Tejeda (blistered finger). Jorge DePaula got the loss.

            The bes in offense for the eagles: Mo Peña, 2 hits and 3RBI; Víctor Díaz 2 doubles and a single; Luis Polonia, Miguel Tejada and Melky Cabrera, pair of singles each and José Fernández, a double.

            For the Lions, J.R. Pillips, solo shot; Miguel Olivo, homerun shy of the cycle.

            Scoring Summary
            Eagles 1st: Jorge DePaula starts the game. Bernie Castro fly out. Luis Polonia singles. Miguel Tejada HBP. Wily Mo Peña RBI single. Víctor Díaz FC. Tony Batista K.
            Eagles 1 - Lions 0

            Eagles 3rd: Tejada infield hit. Mo Peña walked. Díaz RBI double. Tony Batista RBI single. José Fernández RBI single. PITCHING CHANGE: MARIO RAMOS. Melky Cabrera 4-3 scoring Batista. Castillo sac fly.
            Eagles 6 - Lions 0

            Eagles 5th: Díaz doubled. Batista roller to 3rd. Fernandez roller to 3rd, Diaz advances. Cabrera infield hit, scores Diaz. Castillo flies out.
            Eagles 7 - Lions 0

            Escogido 5th: Fernando Hernandez pitching for the Eagles since the 4th (R. Tejeda out. Injured). Matt Watson roller to 1st. Juan Tejeda PH for Juan Uribe and pops out to center. JR Phillips homers to right. Angel Peña strikes out.
            Eagles 7 - Lions 1

            Eagles 6th: Castro foul fly. Polonia walked. Tejada singles, Polonia to 3rd. Mo Peña RBI single. Diaz and Batista both strike out.
            Eagles 8 - Lions 1

            Escogido 6th: Wilson Betemit, singles. Izzy Alcantara fly out. Miguel Olivo RBI triple. Ramon Santiago sac fly, Olivo scores. Neifi Perez fly to left.
            Eagles 8 - Lions 3

            Escogido 7th: NEW PITCHER: ARNALDO MUÑOZ. Watson doubles. Tejeda, RBI double. Phillips fly to left. Angel Peña RBI double. Betemit 1-3. Alcantara strikes out.
            Eagles 8 - Lions 5

            Eagles 8th: NEW PITCHER: JOSE VERAS. Castro singles. Polonia singles. Tejada roller to SS. Mo Peña RBI single. Diaz forces Peña in 2nd. Batista flies out.
            Eagles 9 - Lions 5 FINAL

            TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
            CE 1 0 5 0 1 1 0 1 0 9 14 0
            EL 0 0 0 0 1 2 2 0 0 5 9 0

            W: Fernando Hernandez (1-0)
            L: Jorge De Paula (0-1)

            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Today's Preview

            Games 3 of this 3 game set are played today. Same teams, changing home stadiums.

            Today's Games
            Lions @ Eagles
            Ezequiel Astacio 0-0 0.00 vs. Edward Valdez 0-0 0.00

            Bulls @ Tigers
            Raul Valdez 0-0 0.00 vs. Danny Tamayo 0-0 0.00

            Here are the updated ROUND ROBIN standings:

            Team W-L GB WPct Strk
            Licey 2-0 0.0 .999 2W
            Eagles 2-0 0.0 .999 2W
            Lions 0-2 2.0 .000 2L
            Bulls 0-2 2.0 .000 2L
            Last edited by Licey Fan; 12-28-2005, 11:45 AM.
            Licey campeón today and always!

            Comment


            • Do you know when Jared Fernandez is going to pitch for the Eagles again?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by senorgorra
                Do you know when Jared Fernandez is going to pitch for the Eagles again?
                Maybe tomorrow... He hasn't returned from USA yet... He traveled for the holidays
                Licey campeón today and always!

                Comment


                • Melky's Pix

                  For the one that asked me some days ago for the pictures of Melky Cabrera... Here I'll post one... They are taken from TV, so they're not 100% perfect... Still they look nice

                  The one's are the bottom are the best ones... ENJOY










                  Licey campeón today and always!

                  Comment


                  • Los Toros!

                    The Bulls have to win the games that Daniel Cabrera and Raul Valdez start. If they want to win, they have to find a way to win these games.

                    Comment


                    • Any link to the box score for this Bulls/Tigers game? Thanks!

                      Originally posted by Licey Fan
                      Licey Tigers 7 at Eastern Bulls 4

                      Andy "Tulile" Abad went 3-4, driving in 3, with a double; and Juan Cruz pitched 5.1 strong, to lead the tigers to a 7-4 victory over the bulls. The game was lost by Daniel Cabrera who allowed 5 runs.

                      Brayan Peña was the best in the offense for the bulls, going 2-4, with a triple and a single and 2 rbi's (even though he killed the ball yesterday, hitting to the wall twice, but didn't make it enough for a HR)

                      Scoring Summary
                      Licey 1st: Daniel Cabrera pitching. Anderson Hernández BB. Erick Aybar singles, Hernández to third by RF error. José Offerman strikes out, but Aybar steals 2nd. Andy Abad single, 2 score. Ronnie Belliard struck out. Napoleón Calzado 6-3.
                      Licey 2 - Bulls 0

                      Licey 4th: Cabrera's still pitching. Calzado LCF double. Carlos Ruiz sac bunt, Calzado to third. Manny Martínez RBI single. Martínez thrown out in 2nd trying to steal. Hernández strikes out, reaches to 1st on pass ball. Aybar fly out.
                      Licey 3 - Bulls 0

                      Licey 5th: Cabrera on the box. Offerman 4-3. Otáñez singles, and moves to second on WP. Abad RBI double. Belliard reaches on 2 base error of 3B German, scoring Abad. PITCHING CHANGE: FELIX HEREDIA. Calzado 6-3. Ruiz RBI single. Martínez flys out
                      Licey 6 - Bulls 0

                      Bulls 5th: Cruz' on the mound since the start of the game. Juan Melo doubles. Luis Terrero doubles, scoring Melo. Kenny Pérez flys out. Esteban Germán 5-3. Eddy Garabito pops out.
                      Licey 6 - Bulls 1

                      Bulls 6th: Cruz still pitching. Brayan Peña triples. Jorge Toca sac fly. PITCHING CHANGE: MELQUIS TORRES. Ben Johnson singles. PITCHING CHANGE: VALERIO DE LOS SANTOS. Jim Rushford RBI triple. Melo pops out to 1st. Terrero fly out
                      Licey 6 - Bulls 3

                      Licey 8th: Hector Ramirez' pitching since the 7th. Ruiz singles. Martínez does the same, Ruiz to third. Hernández forces Ruiz in 2nd, run scores. Aybar flys out. Offerman 6-3.
                      Licey 7 - Bulls 3

                      Bulls 9th: Carlos Pérez pitching since the 8th. Kenny Pérez struck out. Germán walks. Garabito singles. Peña flys out. Toca RBI single to LF. Johnson forces Toca in 2nd to end the ball game.
                      Licey 7 - Bulls 4 FINAL

                      TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
                      LT 2 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 7 11 2
                      EB 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 4 13 2

                      W: Juan Carlos Cruz (1-0)
                      L: Daniel Cabrera (0-1)
                      S: Yhency Brazoban (1)

                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Cibao Eagles 9 at Escogido Lions 5

                      Wily Mo Peña drove in 3 runs and the Eagles got their 2nd win in the Round Robin 9 to 5. The 3 game series goes back to Santiago tonight for the rubber game. The game was secured in the 3rd inning, when they made a 5 run rally. The win was for Fernando Hernandez, who came in relief for the injured Robinson Tejeda (blistered finger). Jorge DePaula got the loss.

                      The bes in offense for the eagles: Mo Peña, 2 hits and 3RBI; Víctor Díaz 2 doubles and a single; Luis Polonia, Miguel Tejada and Melky Cabrera, pair of singles each and José Fernández, a double.

                      For the Lions, J.R. Pillips, solo shot; Miguel Olivo, homerun shy of the cycle.

                      Scoring Summary
                      Eagles 1st: Jorge DePaula starts the game. Bernie Castro fly out. Luis Polonia singles. Miguel Tejada HBP. Wily Mo Peña RBI single. Víctor Díaz FC. Tony Batista K.
                      Eagles 1 - Lions 0

                      Eagles 3rd: Tejada infield hit. Mo Peña walked. Díaz RBI double. Tony Batista RBI single. José Fernández RBI single. PITCHING CHANGE: MARIO RAMOS. Melky Cabrera 4-3 scoring Batista. Castillo sac fly.
                      Eagles 6 - Lions 0

                      Eagles 5th: Díaz doubled. Batista roller to 3rd. Fernandez roller to 3rd, Diaz advances. Cabrera infield hit, scores Diaz. Castillo flies out.
                      Eagles 7 - Lions 0

                      Escogido 5th: Fernando Hernandez pitching for the Eagles since the 4th (R. Tejeda out. Injured). Matt Watson roller to 1st. Juan Tejeda PH for Juan Uribe and pops out to center. JR Phillips homers to right. Angel Peña strikes out.
                      Eagles 7 - Lions 1

                      Eagles 6th: Castro foul fly. Polonia walked. Tejada singles, Polonia to 3rd. Mo Peña RBI single. Diaz and Batista both strike out.
                      Eagles 8 - Lions 1

                      Escogido 6th: Wilson Betemit, singles. Izzy Alcantara fly out. Miguel Olivo RBI triple. Ramon Santiago sac fly, Olivo scores. Neifi Perez fly to left.
                      Eagles 8 - Lions 3

                      Escogido 7th: NEW PITCHER: ARNALDO MUÑOZ. Watson doubles. Tejeda, RBI double. Phillips fly to left. Angel Peña RBI double. Betemit 1-3. Alcantara strikes out.
                      Eagles 8 - Lions 5

                      Eagles 8th: NEW PITCHER: JOSE VERAS. Castro singles. Polonia singles. Tejada roller to SS. Mo Peña RBI single. Diaz forces Peña in 2nd. Batista flies out.
                      Eagles 9 - Lions 5 FINAL

                      TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
                      CE 1 0 5 0 1 1 0 1 0 9 14 0
                      EL 0 0 0 0 1 2 2 0 0 5 9 0

                      W: Fernando Hernandez (1-0)
                      L: Jorge De Paula (0-1)

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Today's Preview

                      Games 3 of this 3 game set are played today. Same teams, changing home stadiums.

                      Today's Games
                      Lions @ Eagles
                      Ezequiel Astacio 0-0 0.00 vs. Edward Valdez 0-0 0.00

                      Bulls @ Tigers
                      Raul Valdez 0-0 0.00 vs. Danny Tamayo 0-0 0.00

                      Here are the updated ROUND ROBIN standings:

                      Team W-L GB WPct Strk
                      Licey 2-0 0.0 .999 2W
                      Eagles 2-0 0.0 .999 2W
                      Lions 0-2 2.0 .000 2L
                      Bulls 0-2 2.0 .000 2L

                      Appreciate any help!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by baseball24/7
                        Appreciate any help!
                        Boxscores of games of 12/27

                        http://www.licey.com/boxscores/2005/box20051227.pdf
                        Licey campeón today and always!

                        Comment


                        • Bulls and Lions avoid 3 game sweep!

                          Sorry about the delay... Had a busy day...

                          Eastern Bulls 6 at Licey Tigers 5

                          The Bulls made an impresive comeback in the game last night, to avoid the 3 game sweep at the start of the postseason. The tigers came to the 8th inning leading 4-0, and an error after 2 outs of SS Erick Aybar, led to a 3 run shot of Ronny Paulino, followed by a PH homerun of Cuban Jorge Toca. Napoleon Calzado homered in the bottom of the 8th, hitting the leftfield foulpole, but it wasn't enough, since the Bulls answered back of the bat of fellow cuban Brayan Peña's double, to get the victory. Jose Valverde got the save.

                          The result blew and excellent performance of licey's Danny Tamayo, who pitched 6 shutout innings.

                          Scoring Summary
                          Licey 2nd: Cuban Raul Valdez on the mound. Ron Belliard walked. Napoleon Calzado singles, Belliard to third. Carlos Ruiz sac fly. Manny Martinez hits into linedrive DP.
                          Bulls 0 - Licey 1

                          Licey 3rd: Valdez's still pitching. Anderson Hernandez triples. Erick Aybar singles, Hernandez scores. Jose Offerman hits into DP. Willis Otañez strikes out.
                          Bulls 0 - Licey 2

                          Licey 5th: Valdez's pitching. Carlos Ruiz and Manny Martinez both get walked. Hernandez sacrifices, moves runners. Erick Aybar 5-3, nobody moves. Jose Offerman reaches on error of SS Kenny Perez; Ruiz and Martinez score. Willis Otañez BB. NEW PITCHER: EUDE BRITO. Andy Abad flys out.
                          Bulls 0 - Licey 4

                          Bulls 8th: Roberto Novoa's pitching since the 7th. Esteban German grounds to short. Eddy Garabito singles. Brayan Peña flys out. Ben Jhonson reaches on error from SS Erick Aybar. Ronny Paulino hits enourmous 3 run shot over the right field wall. NEW PITCHER: CARLOS PEREZ. Jorge Toca pinch-hits and follows with a lineshot over the left field wall. Andy Marte strikes out as a PH to end the nightmare.
                          Bulls 4 - Licey 4

                          Licey 8th: NEW PITCHER: WINSTON ABREU. Ron Belliard strikes out. Napoleon Calzado hits the left field foul pole for a solo HR. Carlos Ruiz and Manny Martinez strike out.
                          Bulls 4- Licey 5

                          Bulls 9th: NEW PITCHER: JORGE SOSA. Luis Terrero reaches on infield hit. Kenny Perez singles. Esteban German sacrifices 1-3. Eddy Garabito sac fly, Terrero scores. Brayan Peña hits a double to the right field wall, Perez scores. Ben Jhonson singles, but Peña's caught in a rundown.
                          Bulls 6 - Licey 5 FINAL

                          TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
                          EB 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 2 6 10 1
                          LT 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 1 0 5 8 1

                          W: Winston Abreu (1-0)
                          L: Jorge Sosa (0-1)
                          S: Jose Valverde (1)

                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          Escogido Lions 6 at Cibao Eagles 3

                          Doug Linton pitched 7 strong innings, and Izzy Alcantara (picture) hit a 2 run shot to lead the Lions on their way to beating the eagles 6-3.

                          Linton pitched 7 innings, allowing 5 hits and to earned, while striking out 2 to get the W. The best on the losing end was Wily Mo Peña, who hit his 2nd homerun of the round robin, a solo shot.

                          The lions stay in 2nd place, and just one game behind of leaders tigers and eagles.

                          Scoring Summary
                          Lions 4th: Starter Edward Valdez on the mound. Quincy Foster singles, and reaches 3rd on a throwing error. Neifi Perez grounds to short, but the run scores. JR Phillips strikes out to end the inning.
                          Lions 1 - Eagles 0

                          Lions 5th: Valdez' still pitching. Wilson Betemit strikes out. Jose Reyes walked. Izzy Alcantara gets walked. Ruddy Guillen 6-3, runners advance. Ramon Santiago RBI double, 2 runs score. Foster K'ed.
                          Lions 3 - Eagles 0

                          Lions 6th: NEW PITCHER: JUAN SALAS. Neifi Perez singles. JR Phillips flys out, Perez scores on throwing error of Willy Mo Peña. Angel Peña strikes out. Wilson does the same.
                          Lions 4 - Eagles 0

                          Lions 7th: Sala's still on the mound. Reyes singles. Alcantara hits 2 run shot. Guillen strikes out. Santiago fly to 3rd. Foster singles. Perez 4-3.
                          Lions 6 - Eagles 0

                          Eagles 7th: Starter Doug Linton's still pitching. Miguel Tejada flys out. Willy Mo Peña homers. Victor Diaz singles. Tony Batista pops to short. Jose Fernandez 6-4.
                          Lions 6 - Eagles 1

                          Eagles 8th: Linton's on the mound. Alexis Gomez singles. NEW PITCHER: JAIRO GARCIA. Melky Cabrera PH for Alberto Castillo and doubles, Gomez scores. Bernie Castro singles, Cabrera to third. Luis Polonia sac fly. Miguel Tejada fly to left. Mo Peña line out to Quincy Foster (amazing diving grab!!!).
                          Lions - Eagles 3 FINAL

                          TE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
                          EL 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 0 0 6 8 1
                          CE 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 3 8 2

                          W: Doug Linton (1-0)
                          L: Edward Valdez (0-1)
                          S: Fernando Rodney (1)

                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          Today's Preview

                          Today the teams change. The top 2 will play each other, and the bottom 2 will do the same.

                          Today's Games
                          Lions @ Bulls
                          Ezequiel Astacio 0-0 0.00 vs. Roberto Rodriguez 0-0 0.00

                          Eagles @ Tigers
                          Jared Fernandez 0-0 0.00 vs. Erick Knott 0-0 0.00

                          Here are the updated ROUND ROBIN standings:

                          Team W-L GB WPct Strk
                          Licey 2-1 0.0 .667 1L
                          Eagles 2-1 0.0 .667 1L
                          Lions 1-2 1.0 .333 1W
                          Bulls 1-2 1.0 .333 1W
                          Licey campeón today and always!

                          Comment


                          • I am curious, what kind of attendence have the games been drawing. Once again Licey Fan, you have made this a great thread, thank you.
                            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tonypug
                              I am curious, what kind of attendence have the games been drawing. Once again Licey Fan, you have made this a great thread, thank you.
                              The dominican classic is what draws the biggest attention... Those are the games between tigers and eagles, the historical leaders in championship, both tied with 19 since 1951 (that's when they started counting, since that's when the current teams started playing together)... The biggest park here takes 18k seated... That's the stadium Cibao in Santiago, home of the Eagles, that is the only one with bleachers behind the homerun wall...

                              The Quisqueya Stadium, home of Licey and Escogido, takes 16,000. And the Francisco Micheli, home of the Bulls, 13k

                              In Avg: Licey-Eagles: 12k minimum (today it was around 13000).
                              Lions-Tigers: 10K (since they both play in the same stadium, is the same)
                              Licey-Bulls: 8k
                              Eagles-Bulls 6k
                              Lions-Bulls: 4-5k
                              Licey campeón today and always!

                              Comment


                              • How did the Eagles do last night? And Jared Fernandez?

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X