Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a picture of Alexander Rodriguez, or at least know his age, height, weight, etc.? I've never seen the guy, but he seems to have adjusted well to the bullpen after originally being a starter. (Last season was his 7th in the National Series but even the Cuban web sites have almost no bio info. for him.) Thanks.

Comment

• A.Rodriguez belongs to Guantanamo which never join fighting for gaining Play-Off right(not strong team)
      I guess ,because he has pitched few times surrounding real pressures.

Lefy S.Espinosa pitched with awkwardness in Pre-Olympic Game at Holguin the other day(Gerardo Miranda too)

J.Pedroso has been judged as a man who has no suitability for International Matchs by his former batting Average?

I think Cuba has begun to notice about importance of relief-pitchers before Athene Olympic selection .

In this selection,Vladimir Garcia (Young power-pitcher) pitched as a closer in his team.
      M.Lahera too.

Comment

• Originally posted by siromaniyon View Post
        Lefy S.Espinosa pitched with awkwardness in Pre-Olympic Game at Holguin the other day(Gerardo Miranda too)
        Which games are these? Espinosa and Miranda were both left off the Olympic pre-selection roster I saw a few days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubano100% View Post
          The below are some excluded players that finished with better numbers than some in the pre-selection:

YOELVIS FISS, CF-CIEGO DE ÁVILA
          LESLIE ANDERSON, CF-CAMAGÜEY
          ERNESTO MOLINET, 2B-HABANA
          KENEN BAILLY, LF-GUANTÁNAMO
          ADONIS GARCÍA, Infielder-CIEGO DE ÁVILA
          YOANIS NEGRÍN, RHP-MATANZAS
          SERGIO F. ESPINOSA, LHP-ISLA DE LA JUVENTUD Save leader
          YADEL MARTÍ, RP-INDUSTRIALES
          ALEXANDER RODRÍGUEZ, RP-GUANTÁNAMO
          YULIET LÓPEZ, RHP-VILLA CLARA

http://www.radiococo.cu/cocobeisbol/.../excluidos.htm

L.Anderson or A.Zamora are the same case of J.Pedroso.

Adonis Garcia has too much errors.

In 2004,Fiss had ridded of from Olympic members alter coming to Japan to play Pre-Olympic Games .(I saw his double(near-Homerun) in Chiba)

Other members in your list seems lack of total abilities or experiences...

But I don't Know the reason Y.Marti not joining in Pre members

Comment

• Molinet finished among the top in HR for second baseman.

Bailly is one of the best young left handed in Cuba.

Comment

• Cienfuegos #41?

Are numeric roster available (for the past few seasons)?

Comment

• Originally posted by VMOBS View Post
                Are numeric roster available (for the past few seasons)?

You may go to www.beisbolcubano.cu and try to get the rosters for the last 2 o 3 seasons if you are lucky.

Comment

• In this clip, you ca see Adeiny Echevarria. He is shown around the 3:03 time in this clip.
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=sgVtV_O1JPU

Comment

• just making a small correction ......

Actually the play the he is involved in appears @ 2:50 minutes on the clip....

Just making the adjustment :atthepc:atthepc

Great Clip by the way!!!!!!

Viva LA PELOTA COMPAY!!!!!!!!!!:cap:

Comment

• Madera y Peraza Homers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5Rcb8yBkoc&feature=related

Comment

• Hey there

I got a couple of questions about Cuban Baseball:
                        Mi espanol no es bueno es el video primer con back to back hits o una sellecion de lo partido?

Is this an average crowd for a game or was it a special game?

For what got one guy a CB on his uniform what does this mean?

The second vid with the back to back HR what is the second hitter doing/showing when he is running the bases and why?

How can I get cuban players to play in europe? Only if the leave the country for ever?

Is the federation in charge of tranfers or who is in charge?

Thank you in advance

Paula
                        Last edited by Paula59; 06-16-2008, 02:23 PM.
                        The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paula59 View Post
                          Hey there

I got a couple of questions about Cuban Baseball:
                          Mi espanol no es bueno es el video primer con back to back hits o una sellecion de lo partido?

No.

Is this an average crowd for a game or was it a special game?

It depends. Pinar del Riuo and Santiago de Cuba are good teams. There are some transportation problems in Cuba and this affect attendance.

For what got one guy a CB on his uniform what does this mean?

It should be bat boy or carga bates.

The second vid with the back to back HR what is the second hitter doing/showing when he is running the bases and why?

All countries have a different brand of baseball. In Cuba, there is no retaliation from the opposing pitcher because he will be suspended heavily as he is perceived as trying to hurt somebody on purpose. In Cuba, the runner does not break the double play as hard as in the USA for the same reason.

How can I get cuban players to play in europe? Only if the leave the country for ever?

They have to defect.

Is the federation in charge of tranfers or who is in charge?

The federation make all decisions alongside with the cuban government.

Thank you in advance

Paula

I answered your questions in red.

Comment

• I thought some Cuban players have appeared in Europe without defecting such as Fausto Alvarez (Netherlands) and Remigio Leal (Spain)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mischa View Post
                              I thought some Cuban players have appeared in Europe without defecting such as Fausto Alvarez (Netherlands) and Remigio Leal (Spain)
                              Probably, they were married, retired or about to retired like Fausto Alvarez ans Laidel Chapelli (Italy). Alexei was able to leave because he has a dominican wife. He went there with his wife and never cameback. It will be interesting to see if Alexei wants to go back to Cuba to visit and the cuban government response. Alexei has lost all his rights as a cuban if we can say we have rights. He has to request a visa to enter Cuba. Nobody is allowed to leave freely. If this is the case, there will be be nobody left playing in Cuba.

Comment

• Catchers: Ariel Pestano, Yosvani Peraza, Eriel Sánchez and Rolando Meriño.

Infielders: Alexander Malleta,Yoandi Garlobo, Héctor Olivera, Yulieski Gourriel, Michel Enríquez, Eduardo Paret and Luis M. Navas.

Outfielders: Giorvis Duvergel, Alexei Bell, Yoenis Céspedes, Alfredo Despaigne, Frederich Cepeda, Osmani Urrutia, Leonis Martín and Yoandry Urgellés.

Pithcers: Pedro L. Lazo, Yunieski Maya, Norge L. Vera, Jonder Martínez, Luis M. Rodríguez, Miguel Lahera, Ismel Jiménez, Vicyohandri Odelín, Yadiel Pedroso, Yunieski Jiménez, Norberto González, Adiel Palma and Elier Sánchez.

These did not make it:

Catchers: Yenier Bello and Osvaldo Arias.
                                Infielders: José J. Ruiz, Yadiel Mujica, Yoilán Cercé and Ronnier Mustelier.
                                Pitchers: Alberto Bicet, Vladimir García, Yoelkis Cruz, Ian Rendón and Aroldis Chapman.

Somehow Aroldis Chapman and Vladimir Garcia were left out of the team. This is a joke!
                                Last edited by Cubano100%; 06-28-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X