Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and only one or two true relievers on the whole roster.

Meet the "new" Cuban baseball decision-makers ... same as the old ones.

Comment

• Has anyone seen any info. on the 2008-'09 Cuban National Series yet? I'm guessing Cuba will avoid what it did in 2006, and instead start the next Series much earlier so the playoffs will be over in time for the 2009 WBC in early March. Thanks.

Comment

• Did Cuba play with all their best players against Korea in the OLympics? Did they play with same players who played in the WBC in 2006?

Comment

• Cuba sent a very good team to China, but there were some guys left at home who, assuming they're healthy, really could have helped.

Comment

• With the signing of a 16 year old Japanese girl to a professional contract in Japan it got me thinking. Are there organized women's baseball leagues in Cuba? Has any Cuban woman ever tried to make it on a mens' team?
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• I'm not aware of any women's baseball leagues in Cuba, but there's been a female umpire in the Cuban National Series for the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agente Libre View Post
                I'm not aware of any women's baseball leagues in Cuba, but there's been a female umpire in the Cuban National Series for the past few years.
                I find that somewhat surprising. Is women's softball popular in Cuba?
                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• What happened to Cubano100%? I enjoyed his Cuban baseball perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                    What happened to Cubano100%? I enjoyed his Cuban baseball perspective.
                    Cubano now has a very nice blog on Cuban baseball.

My main reason for posting, though, is to point out that the 2008-2009 season just ended, with La Habana taking its first title in three decades. See http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...ational_League

Comment

• The 2009-2010 season started yesterday, with La Habana beating Villa Clara 1-0 as Miguel Gonzalez outdueled Freddy Alvarez in a matchup of top young hurlers.

Comment

• Alexei Bell (http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Alexei_Bell) became the first Cuban league player to hit two grand slams in an inning and the 4th to hit two in a game. He set a single-inning record with 8 RBI and tied the single-game record of 12 RBI. Nice comeback after a rough campaign last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mischa View Post
                          Alexei Bell (http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Alexei_Bell) became the first Cuban league player to hit two grand slams in an inning and the 4th to hit two in a game. He set a single-inning record with 8 RBI and tied the single-game record of 12 RBI. Nice comeback after a rough campaign last year.
                          Come on Mischa!

He did it against my team. Thanks for mention it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                            What happened to Cubano100%? I enjoyed his Cuban baseball perspective.
                            I have too many things to do Richard including my blog. I read what you guys write often. Too many things to do in 24 hours.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Were Cuban pitchers Francisco Despaigne Robles and Juan Francisco Robles brothers? The names lead me to think so but I can't find confirmation anywhere.

Comment

• I believe Francisco Despaigne is the father of current Industriales RHP Odrisamer Despaigne. No idea who Juan Francisco Robles is; the absence of "Despaigne" in his name leads me to believe they're not brothers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X