X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quicksilv3r
    Wowa... Abreu's hitting .345!
    According to Adam Rubin, Abreu isn't ready. Damn, this is really unfair. :grouchy

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/mets/ar..._abreu_not.php
    Such a pity!

Comment

• More Bla Bla Bla!

Comment

• Kendry Morales went 2-4 ave 329.
        http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...lbaaa_slcaaa_1

Comment

• Jorge Toca is now playing for Cardinals AAA team.

Comment

• Could Micheal Abreu really play RF or was his agent trying to boost his value up?

Comment

• I think he used to play RF, LF, 1B and 3B. I am sure he has played the LF and 3B for sure. I have to check with a guy that knows more about him than I do.

J.P. and Kiefer:

Do you guys remember Elias from the Cuban Forum posting that Abreu has played RF too?

Comment

• Yes, I do remember him saying that Abreu could play 3B and LF. I haven't seen him playing these positions, I only saw him playing 1B.

Another article about Amaury Marti: http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...607300403/1002
                Such a pity!

Comment

• I really doubt Abreu could play anywhere other than 1B and maybe LF.
                  Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
                  Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
                  Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Livan Hernandez has just been traded to the Dbacks for a pair of prospects.

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• I thought some of you may be interested in seing some plays from the Cuban League.

This clip shows some great Cuban players such as German "el Iman/the Magnet" Mesa" who is now retired. German Mesa was the reason why Rey Ordonez (3 Gold Gloves with the Mets) was sitting in the bench. As Cubans, we often wonder how many good players have wasted their careers for nothing back home since 1959.

The Latinoamericano stadium is the home of the Havana Lions (Industriales Blues) and The Metropolitan Warriors (Reds).

The two guys singing are called Buena Fe. This duo is very popular among the youth. The song is called Dreaming in Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgA4Z3YJtw

Let me know what you guys think of this clip.
                      Last edited by Cubano100%; 08-07-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Where I can see more of German Mesa crazy plays at SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubano100%
                          I thought some of you may be interested in seing some plays from the Cuban League.

This clip shows some great Cuban players such as German "el Iman/the Magnet" Mesa" who is now retired. German Mesa was the reason why Rey Ordonez (3 Gold Gloves with the Mets) was sitting in the bench. As Cubans, we often wonder how many good players have wasted their careers for nothing back home since 1959.

The Latinoamericano stadium is the home of the Havana Lions (Industriales Blues) and The Metropolitan Warriors (Reds).

The two guys singing are called Buena Fe. This duo is very popular among the youth. The song is called Dreaming in Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgA4Z3YJtw

Let me know what you guys think of this clip.
                          How about that Victor Mesa catch y CF jumping over the fence.

Comment

• Thank you Ellocoteee for the clip.

The great Omar Linares from Pinar del Rio also got robbed by German Mesa. The guy in 3B that the ball hit him is Villa Clara Orlando Acebey. After the ball hit his face, there was blood everywhere.

He is one of the best defensive 3B in the last two decades. He is old now.

Your boy Kendry Morales is hitting 330 after going 2-5 with 2 RBI.
                            http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...reaaa_slcaaa_1

Alejandro Zuaznabar went 3-6. Ave 257.
                            http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...lirok_kptrok_1

Comment

• Player sees Cuban roots through baseballBy FRANK E. DeMARZO
                              [email protected]
                              His whole life, J.P. Arencibia has dreamed of seeing the land his family came from. This week, he was finally granted that opportunity.

A member of the U.S. National Baseball team, Arencibia traveled to Cuba to play in the International University Sports Federation World Championship Series, which begins play today.

Arencibia, who is of Cuban descent, said the chance to play in the country his family hasn't seen in decades was an indescribable opportunity.

``It's cool just knowing that my family was born there. I never had the opportunity to go back and see where my roots are.''

Arencibia started at catcher for Miami Westminster Christian, where he graduated from in 2004.

The past two years, he has played for the University of Tennessee, batting .352 with 11 home runs, and a team leading 52 RBI this past season, earning a spot on the All-SEC Team.

Arencibia said that he hasn't been following the events too closely, but said he recognized the historic nature of what has been going on recently.

''I haven't really seen much, but I hear that Miami's been going crazy,'' Arencibia said. ``A lot of people have suffered with him in power. I can't say it's hurt me as much as other people.''

As expected, Arencibia said that his family was thrilled when they heard the news.

''They're excited. My mom wanted to go but it's really tough,'' he said. ``They tell me its a beautiful place but it's just run very differently.''

Comment

• Cubano, in that clip you also get to see Javier Mendez' signature move at CF, I never saw him drop one, and I've never seen someone else do it. You also see German Mesa's stellar double-play partner at 2b, Juan Padilla, one of the best DP combos I've ever seen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X