X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jalbright
    replied
    Originally posted by PLowry View Post
    I just submitted a new thread entitled DISNEY LATIN FESTIVAL about the 3-game
    Puerto Rican League series Nov 20-22 at Champion Stadium, Lake Buena Vista,
    Florida.

Where is the new thread?

Since it was a new thread, I put it under the first thread of the International
    Baseball forum.
    The first threads are those that are stickied. New threads go below the stickied thread. It's there.

Leave a comment:

• PLowry
    replied
    I just submitted a new thread entitled DISNEY LATIN FESTIVAL about the 3-game
    Puerto Rican League series Nov 20-22 at Champion Stadium, Lake Buena Vista,
    Florida.

Where is the new thread?

Since it was a new thread, I put it under the first thread of the International
    Baseball forum.

Leave a comment:

• cubanbaseballfan
    replied
    Just wanted to note that Victor Rivas defected in 2013. He's not signed yet and is awaiting his free agent's license. There's some information on him at this site and some videos on my YouTube playlist. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    So how good is this Yoenis Cespedes?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...efected_110611

Leave a comment:

• titorondon
    replied
    Yoannis Negrin signed with the Cubs. He was in the Liga Nica of Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Mischa
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    The Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with 22-year-old Cuban catcher Adalberto Ibarra on a major league deal that, according to reports, is worth $4.3 million over five years.

LINK
    For info on Ibarra, see http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...alberto_Ibarra - pretty decent prospect I think. I don't know why he's listed as a catcher as he was primarily an infielder in Cuba.

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarks
    replied
    The Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with 22-year-old Cuban catcher Adalberto Ibarra on a major league deal that, according to reports, is worth $4.3 million over five years.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    I was beginning to think this as well...until these pictures surfaced...check out the photo dates! Maya is wearing a Mets uniform replete with his own jersey number (except in the top photo), but had yet to be unblocked at the time these photos were taken! Even in the National Team unis, it's just Mets scouts watching him...special attention should be paid to the second pic, which is a Mets Spring Training Minor League jersey...

http://twitpic.com/photos/qbano34

In case anyone's wondering, these were taken at the Mets DSL Training Complex in Santo Domingo.

Leave a comment:

• J.P
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    Jose Julio Ruiz is apparently in negotiations with two teams to sign. But then, we heard Yunieski Maya was "about to" sign with either the Mets or White Sox and I've not heard any follow-ups to that. Having seen footage of him and knowing what I do of him (with the exception of the whole hitting Alexei Bell in the face thing...), I really hope my Mets get him. Leslie Anderson is also on the FA market. Now there's a guy who might get some interest due to his tools.
    Hey, I think that what you heard about Maya might had been lost in translation, the original report I read in spanish was that the two most interested teams were the Mets and White Sox (Ithink), but that he still needed to get his papers in order to be able to start negotiating, he wasnt about to sign.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    Jose Julio Ruiz is apparently in negotiations with two teams to sign. But then, we heard Yunieski Maya was "about to" sign with either the Mets or White Sox and I've not heard any follow-ups to that. Having seen footage of him and knowing what I do of him (with the exception of the whole hitting Alexei Bell in the face thing...), I really hope my Mets get him. Leslie Anderson is also on the FA market. Now there's a guy who might get some interest due to his tools.

Leave a comment:

• Mischa
    replied
    Rolexis Molina (http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...Rolexis_Molina) was runner-up in doubles in the 2008-2009 Serie Nacional but has since moved to Italy to get married. Molina will play with the Catania Warriors Paterno in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Mischa
    replied
    Former Cuban national team member Michel Abreu (http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Michel_Abreu) was named Puerto Rican League MVP. Abreu led the league in homers, slugging, RBI, walks (tied) and OPS.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Just curious. Why do so many Cuban baseball players first names start with the letter Y?

Leave a comment:

• Agente Libre
    replied
    Incidentally, Chapman's contract is so backloaded that it's probably worth more like $20 million rather than the reported $30 million. In other words, Strasburg will have $15 million in his bank account long before Chapman.

Leave a comment:

• J.P
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Is Chapman worth twice as much as Stephen Strasburg? I somehow doubt that.
    Prolly not, but Chapman was a FA who was negotiating with a few teams, thus a bidding war raises his prize. Strasburg only had the option of negotiating with the Nats.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X