Bwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwc

Five teams have anounced games vs Major Leagues teams to prepare for the WBC.

Venezuela vs Philadelphia Phillies
    Panama vs Washington Nationals
    Mexico vs Arizona Diamondbacks
    Dominican Republic vs Houston Astros
    Puerto Rico vs New York Mets

Cuba can not play anyone to prepare for the BWC.

Is this fair?

If Cuba is allowed, they should be able to play against MLB teams like other teams are planning too.

Originally posted by Cubano100%

Puerto Rico vs New York Mets

Cuba can not play anyone to prepare for the BWC.

Is this fair?

If Cuba is allowed, they should be able to play against MLB teams like other teams are planning too.
    Yes they can IMO. They did play at home against the Orioles remember? Why not next spring?

Comment

Who said they can't play against MLB teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Agente Libre
        Who said they can't play against MLB teams?

They can not even send a team for the BWC as of now.

The whole point is that either you do allow Cuba to compete or you don't. If Cuba can send a team, they should have the same opportunities as other teams to prepare for the games.

Comment

Cubano100% -- We've been thru this about 10 times already. Cuba has NOT been banned from the tournament. Cuba has simply been banned from PROFITING from the tournament. The Treasury Dept. does not issue visas. If Cuba wants to apply to the State Dept. for athletic visas, like every other country is doing, they can come like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Agente Libre
            Cubano100% -- We've been thru this about 10 times already. Cuba has NOT been banned from the tournament. Cuba has simply been banned from PROFITING from the tournament. The Treasury Dept. does not issue visas. If Cuba wants to apply to the State Dept. for athletic visas, like every other country is doing, they can come like everyone else.

The USA has denied visas to Cuban musicians trying to attend the Latin Grammys. They do not profit from showing up to the ceremony.

I know what is going on with the baseball team. First, it is the Treasury Department. Then, they have to apply for the visas.

Two steps process in the USA involving two USA departments. A third step would be wether or not Castro allows them to come.

Comment

Cuba in WBC

Actually Cuba has been banned from the tourney for the time being as the US Treasury had denied their request for visas.

Comment

No, that's incorrect. See my 10:16 a.m. post on Dec. 30, 2005 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubano100%

Puerto Rico vs New York Mets.
                  The Netherlands vs Atlanta Braves

Comment

Jim Lefebvre

Here is a nice article about Jim Lefebvre and his job as China's manager.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                      Here is a nice article about Jim Lefebvre and his job as China's manager.
                      http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
                      Thanks for posting this. Please note what he has to say about the future of baseball in China. These guys are not thinking about who their agent should be or what happens at salary arbitration. They are very serious, really committed, with a high tolerance for physical and mental discipline, a hunger to learn and an intense desire to show the world what they can do. There's a rich source of baseball talent here, and more than enough savvy, rich entrepreneurs to make it work as a business. The only thing that can hold it back is corruption and battles for power as the money starts to come in, as it already is in some other sports. Facilities need development, skilled groundskeepers are needed, there needs to be a widspread creation of Little Leagues, etc., but the production of equipment is well advanced and being sold worldwide, and the government is behind it. Lefebvre already has China experience, the Brett brothers are invested here in manufacturing bats, etc. When will a mainland player make it to pro ball? As soon as some prodigy masters three pitches, a couple of different speeds and good location. Or hits singles at a 300+ clip and occasionally finds the fences. That could be a few years off, or tomorrow. Taiwan's already done it and that's from a population base of 22 million people vs. 1.3 billion. The sad thing is, there should have been an explosion of baseball in China long ago. But I guess it's a bit of impediment to developing the sport when your nation's first president sets up a baseball training school for pitchers, but it's used for teaching recruits how to throw grenades. Let's hope this time 'round they can focus on the game.

Comment

Italy vs Detroit Tigers on 4 march (Lakeland)

Comment

Anyone going to the 1st round in Mexico?

Hi guys, is there someone who will attend the first round in Mexico City of the WBC? We have received an email that we were selected from the random draw to buy presale tickets for the 1st round.... We'll be in Mexico...(Cuba Fan & I)...

Comment

Yes

I am planning on attending in Mexico City. I got my acceptance to buy tickets as well, and will do so on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it, but, I'll be rooting against Cuba, that's for sure . Not that they have anything to worry about though. Looks like I'll see them win down there, and then see them again when I get home to San Diego the next week.

Comment

Great. But why not Cuba?????? Who do you root for?

Anyway, I have some stress buying the tickets...it should be today, but when & how?? If anybody has a clue.....let's hear it! THANKS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X