Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the complete format of the WBC? What are the other teams' schedules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the complete format of the WBC? What are the other teams' schedules?

From all the teams that are included, who plays whom, and where and when. It's supposed to last from March 3-20, so I'm trying to find out about this.

The second part is WBC-related, since I'm trying to find out when Korea, Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, etc, play their regular schedules, and when their pre- or post-season games start and end. There are some fans who've noticed that this coincides with Spring Training, so I'm wondering if the other teams' schedules would be equally affected.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 01-09-2006, 04:05 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/wbc/index.jsp

Comment

Thanks. That graphic in the middle right looks confusing. Why don't they just list it in calendar-style, like when you're looking at a team's schedule, so that you can buy tickets?

Part B I'm hoping to hear from: What are the schedules of the opposing teams, so that I can know if their schedules were equally interrupted, as opposed to just MLB's.
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        Thanks. That graphic in the middle right looks confusing. Why don't they just list it in calendar-style, like when you're looking at a team's schedule, so that you can buy tickets?

Part B I'm hoping to hear from: What are the schedules of the opposing teams, so that I can know if their schedules were equally interrupted, as opposed to just MLB's.
        You mean the schedules of the other leagues???
        Licey campeón today and always!

Comment

Originally posted by Licey Fan
          You mean the schedules of the other leagues???
          Yes. When do the other countries' teams that will be competing play regularly? I'd like to know what each of the other teams' schedules are, including pre-season, regular season and post-season.

I'm trying to establish if they are not inconvenienced by playing this from the 1st week of March until about the 3rd week. I'm thinking that if they are not inconvenienced, and playing in March does not interfere with any part of their schedule, then there's a possibility that their players (or at least the ones not playing for MLB) may be able to play w/o restraints, whereby the MLB players are basically just starting to warm up, while having to compete at the same time.

Comment

Ok... I know for sure that the puertorican, mexican, venezuelan and dominican winter leagues end this month of january, since the caribbean world series are played in the 1st week of february between the champions of the 4 leagues

i read that cubano100 said that the cuban national series playoffs are played during that time, so only players from disqualified teams would represent cuba... let him confirm

i dont know about the other leagues

if that was your question
            Licey campeón today and always!

Comment

Originally posted by Licey Fan
              Ok... I know for sure that the puertorican, mexican, venezuelan and dominican winter leagues end this month of january, since the caribbean world series are played in the 1st week of february between the champions of the 4 leagues

i read that cubano100 said that the cuban national series playoffs are played during that time, so only players from disqualified teams would represent cuba... let him confirm

i dont know about the other leagues

if that was your question
              Sorry for the delay. :o

That's basically what I'm looking for. The schedules for those teams. How many months and games do they play for, and from which month to which month? Also, how long is their pre-season, as well as their entire playoffs?

I hadn't realized there was a Caribbean World Series. Show how much I know. :o Anyway, which countries are eligible?

As to the Cuban National Baseball Series, which disqualified teams would be allowed to represent Cuba? I thought that Cuba would represent themselves. I'll PM him/her, asking for his/her involvement in this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                Sorry for the delay. :o

I thought that Cuba would represent themselves.
                These are the players who won the world cup baseball last year i guess this team will represent Cuba in the WBC (when allowed) ...

http://statistieken.wkhonkbal.nl/sta...eam/roster/T.7

Comment

For what it is worth, the 2006 Australian National Competition (Claxton Shield) will be staged from the 21st – 28th of January. A number of the aspiring Australian WBC team members will play in this tournament, some of whom are linked to Japanese or USA teams.
                  Last edited by DownUnderDodger; 01-12-2006, 06:48 PM.
                  "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X