Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Licey Fan
    I believe Gagne declined his participation for Team Canada
    Ehh, I read that he was going to be a last minute decision. He's not currently on the roster, but depending on how he's doing, he might be put in at the last minute.

Anyway, back to my predictions:

Pool E (Pools A+B winners and runner ups)
    The USA and Japan will advance to the semifinal against each other.

Pool F (C+D):
    Venezuela and the DR advance to semifinal.

SEMIFINALS:

USA V. JAPAN:
    The game will be filled with controversy. After the USA won the game between the two in Pool E, in which Barry Bonds hit a 5th inning home, Sadaharu Oh called Bonds' home run hitting "Unnatural". Needless to say, nobody is sure whether that is a compliment..... or a steroid accusation. Controversy also erupts during the game, when a Ichiro borderline home run is called foul in the 9th. That would be the final threat to the USA. Final score: USA 6, Japan 5.

Venezuela vs. DR:
    The DR wins when Alex Rodriguez, arriving late from the USA game, hits a game winning home run... O wait... that can't be right.... It's actually Papi.

COming soon: USA v. DR, AKA: THE CLASH OF THE TITANS

Comment

Gamingboy: He's not currently on the roster, but depending on how he's doing, he might be put in at the last minute.

federations were required to submit provisional rosters of up to 60 players by yesterday, 17 january.
      those whose names do not appear on the provisional rosters are not eligible to play.
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
        Gamingboy: He's not currently on the roster, but depending on how he's doing, he might be put in at the last minute.

federations were required to submit provisional rosters of up to 60 players by yesterday, 17 january.
        those whose names do not appear on the provisional rosters are not eligible to play.
        Check out Canada's provisional roster http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldc...ory?id=2294633

Comment

Originally posted by Gamingboy
          POOL A:
          Japan will advance easily
          Korea will also advance, but only after a thrilling game with Chinese Taipei

Pool B:
          USA
          Canada

Canada will defeat Mexico when Eric Bedard throws a 4 inning gem, then is taken out (due to Pitch count) to be replaced by Adam Loewen, Jesse Crain and Eric Gagne, in that order.

Pool C:
          Puerto Rico
          Netherlands

The Netherlands is one of only a small handful of Countries to beat Cuba in international play.... and now they have Andrew Jones. The game will be heavily contested, but the Dutch will shock the world. Afterwards, Fidel Castro announces that the entire Baseball team should defect, because they sure won't be welcome back in Cuba after losing to Dutch capitalists.

Pool D:
          Dominican
          Venezuela

However, Australia gives a spirited showing, almost upsetting Venezuela and beating Italy.

more predictions soon.

That would be fine with me. I hope he sends the young guys instead of the veterans. The young guys will have a better chance to make it to the Big Leagues. I just want to see a USA vs Cuba game. There have been a few empty benches in the past between the two. I am sure the whole thing with Cuba has added more wood to the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Licey Fan
            I believe Gagne declined his participation for Team Canada
            He is either hedging his bets or basing his decision on his fitness. His initial reaction to the WBC was that he was not in favour and would not be interested, then he made a statement that he was in favour of it and would participate.
            "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Round 1

A
              KOREA
              JAPAN
              Taiwan
              China
              B
              USA
              MEXICO
              Canada
              South-Africa
              C
              PUERTO RICO
              NETHERLANDS
              Cuba
              Panama
              D
              DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
              VENEZUELA
              Italy
              Australia

Round 2
              A
              USA
              KOREA
              Mexico
              Japan

B
              VENEZUELA
              DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
              Puerto Rico
              Netherlands

Semifinals
              USA - Korea
              VENEZUELA - D.R.
              Final
              USA - VENEZUELA

WINNER: VENEZUELA
              Andruw
              Last edited by Andruw; 01-19-2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X