Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crazy Canucks Thread

Welcome to all.
    Runningshoes53 and myself have decided we will start a thread promoting the lost art of canadian baseball. Post anything on canadian players, teams, coaches anything Canadian baseball-related here.

If you're wondering, Canuck means Canadian.

Now, who is the best Canadian player of all-time?

There are a few to choose from.
    I like Larry Walker, but that's my opinion.
    Cristobal

Larry Walker is the only one that won an MVP and has played a superstar career, but it seems that more Canadians are following his steps, Jason Bay is pretty good right now and could have a great career coming. Best pitcher would be Eric Gagne, he's a crazy French Canuck though. Bertuzzi's a pretty good Canuck .

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Expo fan
      Larry Walker is the only one that won an MVP and has played a superstar career, but it seems that more Canadians are following his steps, Jason Bay is pretty good right now and could have a great career coming. Best pitcher would be Eric Gagne, he's a crazy French Canuck though. Bertuzzi's a pretty good Canuck .
      Bertuzzi should be in jail!
      Cristobal

Comment

Fergie Jenkins : 284 W (28th on the all-time list)
        3.34 ERA
        3192 SO (11th on the all-time list)
        49 SHO (24th on the all-time list)
        115 ERA+
        1.14 WHIP

Also good hitter (13 career HR) and better than average defender.

It's a shame he was only three times on the All Star Team and only won two Awards (1971 Cy-Young and 1971 TSN Pitcher of the Year).
        « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

It's Gagne definetly out of the WBC?
          Licey campeón today and always!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            Welcome to all.
            Runningshoes53 and myself have decided we will start a thread promoting the lost art of canadian baseball. Post anything on canadian players, teams, coaches anything Canadian baseball-related here.

If you're wondering, Canuck means Canadian.

Now, who is the best Canadian player of all-time?

There are a few to choose from.
            I like Larry Walker, but that's my opinion.
            And not a minute late to tell everyone of our upcoming mastery in the WBC tournament.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

After last week elections I truly believe Canucks are crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                After last week elections I truly believe Canucks are crazy
                This is news to you, Jake?

Maybe you can expand a little on your comment so I can retort.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                  This is news to you, Jake?

Maybe you can expand a little on your comment so I can retort.
                  I bet you have watched the Muppets too much!

Comment

How about Mark Messier?

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                      How about Mark Messier?
                      He's as crazy as they come, Chris.

I'd love to see him and any MLB player "drop their gloves."
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

We need Harden, he is the anchor of our rotation.
                        Cristobal

Comment

Only if Walker had stayed for one more year to help the outfield.

Comment

Team Canada Proflie - Ernie Whitt

Former Toronto Blue Jay catcher and fan favourite Ernie Whitt will be at Team Canada’s helm in the upcoming World Baseball Championship.

Ernie was originally drafted by the Boston Red Sox in 1972 and selected by the Blue Jays in the 1976 expansion draft. Ernie spent more time in Toronto than any other player selected.
                            Ernie first managed with Baseball Canada in 1999, guiding Team Canada to a bronze metal finish at the Pan-American Games in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In 2003 he led Canada to an Olympic berth with an 11-1 win over Mexico at the Olympic qualifying tournament in Panama. The team fell just short of a medal in Sydney with heart breaking losses to Cuba in the semi-finals and Japan in the bronze medal game.

In 15 Major League seasons, Ernie hit 134 home runs and drove in 534 runs in 1,328 games with Boston, Toronto, Atlanta and Baltimore. He is probably most remembered for hitting three of a record setting ten home runs for the Blue Jays against the Baltimore Orioles at the end of the 1987 season. Ernie’s injury while trying to break up a double play that year was a major factor in the American League East pennant race. The Blue Jays went into Detroit for the final series of the season without Ernie and lost the pennant to the Tigers by one game.

Ernie retired as a player in 1991 and became a Blue Jays minor league catching instructor in 1997 and spent five years in that role before being named the team’s minor-league roving instructor in 2003. He held interim managing duties with the Dunedin Blue Jays (A) of the Florida State League and the Syracuse SkyChiefs (AAA) of the International League in 1997.

Canada’s favourite adopted son is now a Canadian citizen.
                            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Rich Harden

MLB Team: Oakland Athletics
                              2005 record: 10-5; 2.53 ERA; 1.06 WHIP

James Richard Harden…born on November 30th, 1981, in Victoria BC.
                              He attended Central Arizona College and led all Division I Junior College pitchers with 127 strikeouts in 2001 and his
                              2.14 ERA was the 5th lowest.
                              Rich Harden argurably has his best season in 2005 setting career highs in ERA (2.53), K/9 (8.51) and holding opposing
                              batters to a .201 batting average.

Harden missed part of the 2005 because of a injured left shoulder of which he had surgery recently.

As his name suggests, Harden throws hard. His fastball can reach 97 MPH. He has a nice pitching repertoire; he can throw
                              a slide and a change, which is why he held batters to a .201 batting average in 2005. He still lacks control this
                              results in an
                              increase in walks.

Harden was selected by Team Canada to anchor Canada’s rotation in the upcoming WBC. Unfortunately for Canadians,
                              Harden is not expected to play, still nursing his surgically repaired left shoulder. The ace and the closer (Eric Gagne)
                              will not play in the WBC.
                              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X