No announcement yet.

The Crazy Canucks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested to see what kind of exposure the WBC will get in Canada. I've barely seen anything on TV about it. Are TSN or Sportsnet carrying the games? I've heared nothing.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
      I'm interested to see what kind of exposure the WBC will get in Canada. I've barely seen anything on TV about it. Are TSN or Sportsnet carrying the games? I've heared nothing.
      One of them must. I think Sportsnet will cover the games and TSN will preview the finals(with canada)
      Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
        Only if Walker had stayed for one more year to help the outfield.
        Here's the thing: the WBC isn't a part of the Major Leagues, so the fact that Walker retired doesn't disqualify him at all--plenty of other teams have guys who are not in the big leagues (China and South Africa? Mercy-rule city!). Why isn't he playing?

--He only retired last year, so he's no more out of shape than anyone else.

--He still hit quite well last year (without Coors to help him), and would be at worst the third best hitter on Canada, if not the best.

--He's not "spending time with his family", because he's planning to be on the team as a coach anyway.

So...if anyone knows anyone with any connection to the guy, beg him to come to his senses! While they're at it, how about Harden and Gagne too! Before you decide it's hopeless, remember that in a short series, all kinds of random upsets are possible (provided you're not totally outclassed; South Africa's not beating the D.R. anytime soon).

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless
          Here's the thing: the WBC isn't a part of the Major Leagues, so the fact that Walker retired doesn't disqualify him at all--plenty of other teams have guys who are not in the big leagues (China and South Africa? Mercy-rule city!). Why isn't he playing?

--He only retired last year, so he's no more out of shape than anyone else.

--He still hit quite well last year (without Coors to help him), and would be at worst the third best hitter on Canada, if not the best.

--He's not "spending time with his family", because he's planning to be on the team as a coach anyway.

So...if anyone knows anyone with any connection to the guy, beg him to come to his senses! While they're at it, how about Harden and Gagne too! Before you decide it's hopeless, remember that in a short series, all kinds of random upsets are possible (provided you're not totally outclassed; South Africa's not beating the D.R. anytime soon).
          Great point!

L-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S.

ha!
          Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 02-06-2006, 08:42 AM.
          Cristobal

Comment

I have posted it before, I think Canada can earn a berth in the semis. All they have to do is beat South Africa and Mexico in the preeliminary round (that's pretty doable) and then, beat Japan and either Korea or Chineese Taipei in the second round. I say, in both instances you focus all your energy on those games (and send your 3rd starter for the games against the US) and Canada can win those four games.

In the semis, well, good luck. But getting there would be something in itself.
            From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Majors infused with Canadian talent

http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/...t=.jsp&sid=wbc

Comment

I believe Canada and Mexico both have a chance to knock off the US. I wonder if the snowbirds of Canada living in Arizona will be attending any of the games or if any Canucks will be making the trip down to counter the US and Mexican flavor of the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                  This is news to you, Jake?

Maybe you can expand a little on your comment so I can retort.

Considering the Conservative Party has taken back control of the Parliament in Ottawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                    Considering the Conservative Party has taken back control of the Parliament in Ottawa.
                    Yeah, although the Liberal party has been wracked with corruption and scandal through much of it's tenure so it's not that surprising that Ontario went that way. Political Parties in Canada are very regional and without taking Ontario, you generally don't win a federal election.
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Yeah, although the Liberal party has been wracked with corruption and scandal through much of it's tenure so it's not that surprising that Ontario went that way. Political Parties in Canada are very regional and without taking Ontario, you generally don't win a federal election.

Not to get much off topic of baseball but how well the NDP did in Ontario was the reason why the Conservatives won most likely like you said because of corruption and scandal but what do you expect Power corrupts

Comment

Not to get much off topic of baseball but how well the NDP did in Ontario was the reason why the Conservatives won most likely like you said because of corruption and scandal but what do you expect Power corrupts
                        I agree.

And Canadians are incredibly apathetic which only adds fuel to the fire of corruption.

It's going to be interesting to see what Harper does in the west.

One thing is for sure; our land is about to be raped and human rights will suffer a set back.

Harper is what you guys would call a good ole boy. He's certainly toned down the rhetoric since merging the Reform party with the Conservatives, but I would still love to be a fly on the wall at one of his parties and hear what those guys really think about visible minorities.
                        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I agree.

And Canadians are incredibly apathetic which only adds fuel to the fire of corruption.

It's going to be interesting to see what Harper does in the west.

One thing is for sure; our land is about to be raped and human rights will suffer a set back.

Harper is what you guys would call a good ole boy. He's certainly toned down the rhetoric since merging the Reform party with the Conservatives, but I would still love to be a fly on the wall at one of his parties and hear what those guys really think about visible minorities.

As long as he doesn't spy on Canadians and use fear to gain support

Comment

As long as he doesn't spy on Canadians and use fear to gain support
                            Canadians don't have the same civil liberties as Americans and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already going on. Our internal security police really are quite incredible with the lengths they take to get information.

Besides, King George is probably spying on Canadian citizens anyways.
                            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

All i have to say is good luck from your southerly neighbors (coughcoughamericajr.cough)

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
                                (coughcoughamericajr.cough)
                                You don't really believe that, do you?
                                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X