Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    Rheal Cormier. h
    No, Chris Reitsma, his brother(Lance Cormier) teammate.

2)Why isn't Lance in the WBC Canada roster?????
    Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
      Our rotation will be nothing without Harden and Gagne.
      Who's gonna close games now?
      can't believe i have missed this thread earlier GO CANADA

also don't forget about Jesse Crain. He had a pretty nice rookie year with minnesota last year

Comment

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
        Sorry if i discourage all Canadians in this forum ( including myself) but we are in a group with the US A.K.A. the biggest or 2nd biggest team in the tournament.

Didn't Switzerland win Group A in the Olympics with Canada and the Czech Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
          Didn't Switzerland win Group A in the Olympics with Canada and the Czech Republic.
          Whoa...so all of a sudden we're talking hockey.
          Cristobal

Comment

He has a good point. Expect the unexpected. A Cinderfella team could be in the making and come out of left field- no pun intended
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Bat Woman: Representative Linda Cropp and now candidate for Major.
              Move the team back to Montreal, please.h

Comment

Boy, now I really wish that the second round of the WBC was a single elimination game instead of more pool play. Canada would have to win three games: South Africa, Mexico and South Korea and they would be in the semis. That would be great. I know South Korea has to be good since they've beaten Japan in Tokyo, but still, I'd take a chance against South Korea instead of Japan any day, in a one game quarter.

Forming another pool where you have to finish in front of Japan and South Korea (or perhaps the US, who knows?) seems to be a lot to ask of a Team Canada without Harden and Gagné. We'll have to see.

But let's take things one at the time. Whitt will pitch Adam Loewen against SA, Bédard against the US and Francis against Mexico. I would have gone with Bédard against South Africa, not to take any chances. Who cares if you get blown out by the Americans? That's clearly not the game you have to win to advance. I see it at the least important game of the first round.
                From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus"
                  But let's take things one at the time. Whitt will pitch Adam Loewen against SA, Bédard against the US and Francis against Mexico. I would have gone with Bédard against South Africa, not to take any chances. Who cares if you get blown out by the Americans? That's clearly not the game you have to win to advance. I see it at the least important game of the first round.
                  Erik Bedard gets the nod for Canada in the opener, while fellow Oriole Adam Loewen will oppose Dontrelle Willis.

Comment

Originally posted by Andruw
                    Erik Bedard gets the nod for Canada in the opener, while fellow Oriole Adam Loewen will oppose Dontrelle Willis.
                    Yeah funny story about that. When I was done typing my message I said to myself that I could do more than that. So I called my buddy Ernie Whitt And basically told him "Ernie, my man, what are you tryin to pull here? If you pitch Loewen against SA and he stinks it up and we loose, we can all go home. The tourney's over. Stop messin' around, Ern!" And what do you know, he changed his mind.

All you canadian baseball fans out there are very welcome.
                    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Canada 11, South Africa 8

As the great Elliott Price would say, "this one was never a doubt"

Credit to SA, they could have quit, they could had asked for the mercy rule in the top of the ninth when they were ahead... But they hung in there and put up a brave fight while being badly overmatched

Pitching was quite terrible. We'll need to do better than that against Mexico

Comment

Well, that was very nearly very embarrassing. Plus, Mexico held the US to two. To quote John Connor in Terminaor 2: We're not going to make it, are we?

Comment

Boy, was that close!!! Saved the Canadians the embarrassment and a few heart attacks.... I think they suddenly look like the underdogs....
                          "I know One Thing, That I Know Nothing" - - - Socrates

Comment

Clearly were playing possum. We'll probably get blown out by the Americans, like 15-0. That will lull Mexico into a false sense of self-confidence and then boom, we start playing like we can.

Ernie Whitt's gonna look like a genius in a few days from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus"
                              As the great Elliott Price would say, "this one was never a doubt"

Credit to SA, they could have quit, they could had asked for the mercy rule in the top of the ninth when they were ahead... But they hung in there and put up a brave fight while being badly overmatched

Pitching was quite terrible. We'll need to do better than that against Mexico
                              Sigh, Elliot Price, memories...WAKE UP wilkerson, you're dreaming again
                              Couldn't watch it all, still too depressed from the Habs loss to the Leafs.:grouchy
                              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless
                                Well, that was very nearly very embarrassing. Plus, Mexico held the US to two. To quote John Connor in Terminaor 2: We're not going to make it, are we?

Every game is a different story. You never know how the next one will be play out.

Good luck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X