Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venezuela wins Caribbean Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Venezuela wins Caribbean Series

    The Caracas Lions of Venezuela, made YET another come from behind win, beating the Licey Tigers of Dominican Republic 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th.

    Licey was leading 3-1, but 2 childish errors in the worst timing, cost the dominicans the games and the series.

    Congratulations to the Venezuelan fans!! These sure adds up to the WBC, as we dominicans are seeking vengeance in a bigger stage...

    And it things go as forecasted, we'll face each other 2 more times this year (round 1, and round 2)
    Licey campeón today and always!

  • #2
    Didn't get any of the game here but two plays made the ESPN top ten!!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

    No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been getting some of the games on Galavision, which is the only time I watch that channel.
      SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
      "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

      Comment


      • #4
        At least we dominicans won't have to wait a year to get another shot at the venezuelan... We'll see each other in the 1st game of the WBC... And if things go as planned, we'll see each other again in the second round

        Hopefully we'll get some vengeance there
        Licey campeón today and always!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Licey Fan
          And if things go as planned, we'll see each other again in the second round
          Not if Australia has anything to do with it
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

          No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

          Comment


          • #6
            Watch out with Australia!!!! They may surprise a few.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
              Not if Australia has anything to do with it
              Right! we'll just have to wait and see
              Licey campeón today and always!

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess there is a Venezuelan guy needed in this forum, so it will be much funnier, won't it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Umachines
                  I guess there is a Venezuelan guy needed in this forum, so it will be much funnier, won't it?
                  Seems Interesting.. Congrats on ur CS crown!!

                  Let's see what the WBC brings, and you read the guys, WATCHOUT FOR AUSTRALIA
                  Licey campeón today and always!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Licey Fan
                    Seems Interesting.. Congrats on ur CS crown!!

                    Let's see what the WBC brings, and you read the guys, WATCHOUT FOR AUSTRALIA
                    Hey Licey....

                    Nice to see fellow Dominicanos here.
                    I watched the game ...and with disgust.
                    I was kinda peeved that they didn't show a replay on the final play.
                    From what I saw the fly ball hit the LFer in the head and rolled to the fence!!
                    Can you tell me who the LFer was and or was that also the same thing you saw?



                    PS:
                    Pujols is a TERRIBLE MGR!
                    Why would he bring in Jorge Sosa when Tavarez was pitching fine?
                    Sosa was rocked on his last outing! Didn't Hernandez hit a 3Run Shot off him and Ramon lead off the inning with an Opposite Field Single....damn shame!
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TonyStarks
                      Hey Licey....

                      Nice to see fellow Dominicanos here.
                      I watched the game ...and with disgust.
                      I was kinda peeved that they didn't show a replay on the final play.
                      From what I saw the fly ball hit the LFer in the head and rolled to the fence!!
                      Can you tell me who the LFer was and or was that also the same thing you saw?



                      PS:
                      Pujols is a TERRIBLE MGR!
                      Why would he bring in Jorge Sosa when Tavarez was pitching fine?
                      Sosa was rocked on his last outing! Didn't Hernandez hit a 3Run Shot off him and Ramon lead off the inning with an Opposite Field Single....damn shame!

                      Ok... One by one now... :P

                      The ball bounced of SS Erick Aybar... LF Napoleon Calzado was charging to the ball, but Aybar was running backwards and called for the ball... Calzado stopped, to avoid Aybar, and the Aybar "supposedly" lost the ball in the lights... When he tried to dodge the ball, it hit him in the head... UGLY PICTURE...

                      About the manager... It wasn't Pujols... The manager's Rafael Landestoy... I think he's on the Detroit Tigers system... But YES... HE'S A TERRIBLE MANAGER!!!

                      And you just saw the Caribbean Series... I was going to have a heart attack during the regular season and the playoffs
                      Last edited by Licey Fan; 02-17-2006, 02:21 PM.
                      Licey campeón today and always!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Licey Fan
                        Ok... One by one now... :P

                        The ball bounced of SS Erick Aybar... LF Napoleon Calzado was charging to the ball, but Aybar was running backwards and called for the ball... Calzado stop, to avoid Aybar, and the Aybar "supposedly" lost the ball in the lights... When he try to dodge the ball, it hit him in the head... UGLY PICTURE...

                        About the manager... It was Pujols... The manager's Rafael Landestoy... I think he's on the Detroit Tigers system... But YES... HE'S A TERRIBLE MANAGER!!!

                        And you just saw the Caribbean Series... I was going to have a heart attack during the regular season and the playoffs
                        So the ball hit Aybar?
                        I still don't understand the whole play...the LFer should have took control and called him off he was in better angle, regardless...I blame the LF for not taking control...it was very embarassing for all involved in the play.
                        Then I was even more pissed when the LFer didn't run down the ball!

                        Can you explain why Sosa was brought in during the 9th when Julian was pitching very well?
                        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you guys think it was a miracle that Boston won with such a lousy manager as Terry Francona, multiply this by 1000 and you get the feeling we dominicans get from the Licey Tigers winning with the worst manager of our era: Rafael Landestoy. Believe me...i watched games played in DR.

                          Nevertheless, we´re the only team in baseball to win 3 titles with crappy managers in less than 10 years: Bob Geren, Dave Jauss and Rafael Landestoy.
                          "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
                          George Brett

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TonyStarks
                            So the ball hit Aybar?
                            I still don't understand the whole play...the LFer should have took control and called him off he was in better angle, regardless...I blame the LF for not taking control...it was very embarassing for all involved in the play.
                            Then I was even more pissed when the LFer didn't run down the ball!

                            Can you explain why Sosa was brought in during the 9th when Julian was pitching very well?
                            Landestoy said: "Sosa's the one who've brought us here... I'd die with my closer any other game"

                            But it seems that he forgot that:

                            1. Julian Tavarez retired 6 straight, with only 16 pitches, and struck out 2
                            2. Jorge Sosa had pitched in 4 out of 5 games coming to that game (he pitched in all but one game)
                            3. Jorge Sosa was POUNDED by the same venezuelan lineup, in the same 9th inning, and by the same batters (the heart of the lineup), in our previous encounter
                            4. Sosa ain't Mariano Rivera (Landestoy always says that the yankees would bring Rivera in that case)

                            Yeah... HE'S BAD!
                            Licey campeón today and always!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Licey Fan
                              Landestoy said: "Sosa's the one who've brought us here... I'd die with my closer any other game"

                              But it seems that he forgot that:

                              1. Julian Tavarez retired 6 straight, with only 16 pitches, and struck out 2
                              2. Jorge Sosa had pitched in 4 out of 5 games coming to that game (he pitched in all but one game)
                              3. Jorge Sosa was POUNDED by the same venezuelan lineup, in the same 9th inning, and by the same batters (the heart of the lineup), in our previous encounter
                              4. Sosa ain't Mariano Rivera (Landestoy always says that the yankees would bring Rivera in that case)

                              Yeah... HE'S BAD!
                              Who is this moron?
                              I just sat there watching ...thinking this is the same Sosa who was throwing meatballs and Ramon Hernandez & Co were having their flithy way with him the last time around.

                              And I still go back to Julian. The man was pitching beautifully and I have no clue why he didn't keep with him and if he got into trouble then bring in Sosa like he wanted.

                              He obviously manages with a "Paint by Number" book and he got hammered the two times he put Sosa out there.

                              Sosa got us here, what a joke.
                              That might have been pitching against Mexico and PR...but not against Venezuela.
                              "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X