Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meetingpoint San Juan - World Baseball Classic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meetingpoint San Juan - World Baseball Classic

    Hi everybody,

    It would be nice if we could meet other Baseball-fever members in San Juan at the World Baseball Classic in March..

    We will be there on the 8th of March (first game Cuba-Panama), so if you are going too, let us know..........

    Dutch girl & Cuba_Fan :gt

  • #2
    Hey,

    Will be down there also. I am arriving on Tuesday, March 7th, will be there from the 1st to the last game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great!!

      Comment


      • #4
        We're in...

        We'll be there on the 8th. Just let us know when and where you'd like to meet.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have no choice but watching television(ESPN) (ToT ) weeping face
          And I'd like you to tell us these episodes later on!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dsapp
            We'll be there on the 8th. Just let us know when and where you'd like to meet.
            are you there in the afternoon or evening? maybe we can meet at the entrance?

            Comment


            • #7
              on the 8th...

              The flight I am currently booked on arrives in San Juan at 4:04 p.m., too late for Cuba v. Panama. However, there is an earlier flight that I will be on "stand-by" for; if I can get two seats on that one, I may be there around 1 p.m. and will take a taxi to the hotel to drop off the bags, then straight to the stadium. I may miss the first couple of innings if the flight is delayed or traffic is bad.

              So, I probably won't make it there in time to meet you guys before the early game on the 8th, but how about before the evening game...PR v Netherlands? Do you plan to get there early for batting practice?

              Comment


              • #8
                Sounds like I will be there first. So just tell me a place and time, I'll be there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi guys,

                  We will be there real early, since we have to pick up our tickets in the morning. So I think that it's probably best to meet at the entrance. You'll recognize us by our orange t-shirts with "Viva Holanda". Yeah, I know, really corny......

                  We're really looking forward to meet you and see some terrific games...

                  gr. Dutch girl

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Unfortunately I am not able to join you guys, but I would like to wish you a lot of fun! And may Holland win.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by yankees rule
                      Unfortunately I am not able to join you guys, but I would like to wish you a lot of fun! And may Holland win.
                      Thanks a lot!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Early Dinner: Cuban Restaurant?

                        Cuba Fan, Dutch Girl, & all others...

                        Just in case we miss each other in the crowds at the games on the 8th, do we all want to meet for an early dinner around 4:00 p.m. on the 9th before heading to the stadium for the game between Cuba and the Netherlands? That would give us an hour or so to eat and chat before heading out for batting practice.

                        I've found a Cuban restaurant called Metropol that's in the Isla Verde district of San Juan. My guide book says it's on Av. Isla Verde at the corner of Av. Gobernadores at Anexo Club Gallistico (tel: 791-5585 or 791-4046).

                        This is my first trip to PR, so I'm just going by what the book (and website) say, but it looks pretty good.

                        If I can get an idea of how many people are interested, I can call and get a reservation. My wife and I will be 2. How about the rest of you?

                        David & Robbin (aka. dsapp)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dsapp
                          The flight I am currently booked on arrives in San Juan at 4:04 p.m., too late for Cuba v. Panama. However, there is an earlier flight that I will be on "stand-by" for; if I can get two seats on that one, I may be there around 1 p.m. and will take a taxi to the hotel to drop off the bags, then straight to the stadium. I may miss the first couple of innings if the flight is delayed or traffic is bad.

                          So, I probably won't make it there in time to meet you guys before the early game on the 8th, but how about before the evening game...PR v Netherlands? Do you plan to get there early for batting practice?

                          In Puerto Rico there is a lot of Tapon (traffic jams). So give yourself extra time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dsapp
                            Cuba Fan, Dutch Girl, & all others...

                            Just in case we miss each other in the crowds at the games on the 8th, do we all want to meet for an early dinner around 4:00 p.m. on the 9th before heading to the stadium for the game between Cuba and the Netherlands? That would give us an hour or so to eat and chat before heading out for batting practice.

                            I've found a Cuban restaurant called Metropol that's in the Isla Verde district of San Juan. My guide book says it's on Av. Isla Verde at the corner of Av. Gobernadores at Anexo Club Gallistico (tel: 791-5585 or 791-4046).

                            This is my first trip to PR, so I'm just going by what the book (and website) say, but it looks pretty good.

                            If I can get an idea of how many people are interested, I can call and get a reservation. My wife and I will be 2. How about the rest of you?

                            David & Robbin (aka. dsapp)
                            There is nothing better than a Cuban Ropa Vieja or Roast Pork dish with Congris rice and Tostones and then, a Cuban win over Holland. Don't forget a Mojito drink too and a Flan dessert.


                            I checked the Metropol menu and Montuno Cubano is great if you like pork.
                            Mar y Tierra, Picadillo, Pechuga de Pollo, Bistec de Lomillo, Boliche and Bistec de Palomilla are good too. I am getting hungry so good luck down there. I did not see Ropa Vieja in the menu even though it is a Cuban classic dish.
                            Last edited by Cubano100%; 03-01-2006, 11:18 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dsapp
                              Cuba Fan, Dutch Girl, & all others...

                              Just in case we miss each other in the crowds at the games on the 8th, do we all want to meet for an early dinner around 4:00 p.m. on the 9th before heading to the stadium for the game between Cuba and the Netherlands? That would give us an hour or so to eat and chat before heading out for batting practice.

                              I've found a Cuban restaurant called Metropol that's in the Isla Verde district of San Juan. My guide book says it's on Av. Isla Verde at the corner of Av. Gobernadores at Anexo Club Gallistico (tel: 791-5585 or 791-4046).

                              This is my first trip to PR, so I'm just going by what the book (and website) say, but it looks pretty good.

                              If I can get an idea of how many people are interested, I can call and get a reservation. My wife and I will be 2. How about the rest of you?

                              David & Robbin (aka. dsapp)
                              Like cubano says there are a lot of trafic jams in my PR especially in the metro area . There is another Metropol restaurant in the same avenue where the Bithorn Stadium is . Good cuban cuisine . And also you could all meet at Plaza Las Americas which is just across the street from the Stadium . This is the biggest shopping mall in Latin America with lots of restaurants ,fast food places , bookstores , and whatever , and all you need is walking back and forth from the park .

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X