No announcement yet.

Pool D WBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to watch the game tape delayed this evening (live are 2 AM in Italy).
    Grilli pitched well and italian ace De Santis finished the job,looks like Italy is a solid team with a good defense,a star (Mike Piazza) and many young players want to show their skills (Tony Giarratano,Manny Saccomanno).
    We will try to make a suprise vs Venezuela and DR but it's very difficult,their rosters are packed with great stars.

Comment

Australia vs Italy

What a game!!! Everything went right for the Italian National Team. I went to see the game live at Disney Wide World of Sports and I was surprise to see how good the Italians play baseball.

Italy score runs in every inning but the 1st, and they had really good pitching as well. The Aussie team only connected one hit versus the Italian pitching in seven innings. The game was called after Italy score two runs in the bottom of the 7th making it 11-0 K.O.

The weather was cold and windy, and there were more Italian fans in the stands than Ausss fans. I was rotting for Italy as well, the underdog in this game. The Italian Team surprised everyone with the amount of power they display in this game. It was nice to see how they make those runs with power hitting, Mike Piazza didn’t have any RBI’s but he was a factor on the victory calling the shots at home plate.

The whole game was a great experience; it was great to see these teams play live. In a side note: there were still some Dominicans fans in the stadium for this game, they were still celebrating their victory earlier!!!!

Australia is out with this loss to Italy. For the Australia team is a long shot versus Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.

Comment

Italy showed good stuff vs Australia, but we have a long way to go...DR and Venezuela are nearly unbeatable for us, just try to have a good time and play a good baseball...go azzurri!!!

Comment

to the Dominicans and Italians.

to the Venezuelans and Aussies.

Comment

Originally posted by Licey Fan

Now on cruise control, til round 2

Seems everybody forgot about Erick Aybar's head kick in the caribbean series now...

Hahaha...not quite mi pana.
            They replayed it during the game!

But I gotta say...that I am a little worried about whoever comes out of the bullpen.
            Bastita didn't have much going and it was damn scary the first inning....I know Baltimore's GM was holding his breath after seeing Hernandez pluncked on the wrist.
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks
              Congrats man!!

*High Fives*

Chocala aqui loco

So what was the saying about Venezuela's pitching?
              loco take a look a this:
              http://secure1.infotech-corp.com/eln...&yy=2006&dd=08

TOO FUNNY!

Comment

I watched Italy-Australia and was a great show,we played very well in defense,in offense and pitchers were OK (great Grilli and his reliever,Riccardo De Santis,the best pitcher of the italian league).
                This night we have lost 6-0 vs Venezuela,we struggled vs their pitchers and their lineup was too much for us,Venezuela is a better team and were ready to play.
                Today Italy vs DR,the best team of the group,we have few chances but i think we will play till the last inning because according a famous italian-american catcher "It ain't over till it's over".

Comment

Originally posted by elpedro
                  loco take a look a this:
                  http://secure1.infotech-corp.com/eln...&yy=2006&dd=08

TOO FUNNY!
                  Cono....me esta pidiendo un Login.
                  Can you email it in a word doc?
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Piazza
                    I watched Italy-Australia and was a great show,we played very well in defense,in offense and pitchers were OK (great Grilli and his reliever,Riccardo De Santis,the best pitcher of the italian league).
                    This night we have lost 6-0 vs Venezuela,we struggled vs their pitchers and their lineup was too much for us,Venezuela is a better team and were ready to play.
                    Today Italy vs DR,the best team of the group,we have few chances but i think we will play till the last inning because according a famous italian-american catcher "It ain't over till it's over".
                    I think Italy played very well together as a team. I was in Orlando cheering for them. I think they could have advanced in almost any other bracket. They had some bad luck against Venzuela and Dominican. There were alot of crazy hops on the field.

Mike_Piazza, are there any good sites for the Italian league. After seeing the team in the WBC I would really like to try and follow some teams in the Italian League. Please PM me if you know any. I'm already excitied to go back in 2009. I might try to learn some Italian so I can talk to some of the other fans (altough alot of them spoke English very well.). I also got De Santis's autograph, he and many of the other players were very nice and friendly to all of their fans (unforunately we were outnumbered by the Dominicans and Venezuelans.)

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolFan
                      I think Italy played very well together as a team. I was in Orlando cheering for them. I think they could have advanced in almost any other bracket. They had some bad luck against Venzuela and Dominican. There were alot of crazy hops on the field.

Mike_Piazza, are there any good sites for the Italian league. After seeing the team in the WBC I would really like to try and follow some teams in the Italian League. Please PM me if you know any. I'm already excitied to go back in 2009. I might try to learn some Italian so I can talk to some of the other fans (altough alot of them spoke English very well.). I also got De Santis's autograph, he and many of the other players were very nice and friendly to all of their fans (unforunately we were outnumbered by the Dominicans and Venezuelans.)

Thank you for your support,you are right about Italy played as a team,the atmosphere in the team was great and most italian-americans asked to CEO of the italian Federation to be called in future to play for Italy in the next European and IBAF world championship.
                      Sites about italian baseball are :
                      www.fibs.it
                      www.baseball-softball.it
                      www.baseball.it
                      http://baseballnow.altervista.org/
                      but they are all in italian

About the domestic league i'm going to post something on this forum after the WBC that now deserves all the attention because even if Italy is eliminated i'm following with great passion and enthusiasm,it's great baseball.
                      See you

PS If you are an Orioles fan ,your favorite team will be Grosseto (De Santis's team) because Grosseto has a sort of a farm relationship with Baltimore Orioles.
                      Grosseto is European Champion and has signed very good players this spring,one of them is Tony Torcato,last year a player of San Francisco Giants in MLB.
                      http://www.geocities.com/torcatoism/
                      Last edited by Mike_Piazza; 03-13-2006, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X