3b vinny castilla
    dh erubiel durazo
    lf luis alfonso garcia
    1b adrian gonzalez
    c geronimo gil
    rf mario valenzuela
    ss juan castro
    p rodrigo lopez
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

USA won but we did not convince. Only 2x0 though a win is a win.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPickle
      Who does the US have to convince? The US is alreay one of the top teams in the tournament and is expected through the first round.

They were a bit rusty at the start but Peavy carried them until they could get into their groove.

1-0 and facing Canada tomorrow with the D-Train. I like Team USA's chances.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPickle
        What did you expect? They're not playing alone you know??
        Licey campeón today and always!

Comment

Hi guys! Completely agree with Licey Fan... C'Mon, the gap between USA and the rest of the teams in Latin America is fading away, just look at the teams' roster every season...

Unfortunately, mexican bombers were silenced in a hard way, USA's pitchers did a great job, but nonetheless, mexican pitchers did too... with that line-up including Alex Rdz, Jeter, Damond, etc., almost any team in the world would just sit down and cry expecting the worst... and the difference was just a couple of HRs... it was a very tight game, 4 hits to México and 6 hits for the USA, including those 2 slams... I think that was a very enjoyable game, regardless the score (for us as mexicans). México should not have trouble defeating South Africa, so the key game will be against Canada, and considering what they did against SA, facing a better pitching staff than SA's, they'll be in trouble, so USA and México should be in the second round.

By the way, what do you think about Italy knocking down Australia? C'Mon! who would've thought about that considering many Australian players have been in the MLB! Or Panama (although it has a lot of good players) making PR sweat with a tight 2-1 win?
          I think this tournament still has a lot of surprises to show...

peace, bros

Comment

el venado, i like your spirit!
            welcome to bb-f.
            "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Thank you, my Oriole friend! hope to be around for a long time
              C'Mon guys! let the world hear we are proud of this sport! in a soccer-tended world today, with those horrible 0-0 draws enjoy tight games should be a pleasure for us

peace, bros

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X