Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to play overseas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to play overseas

    I would love to play baseball overseas but I don't know the first place to look...can anybody help? Or are there any teams who need players out there?

    My life is baseball and I can bring a lot to the table...

    Please let me know.

  • #2
    Which country do you want to play in?

    Comment


    • #3
      Which position?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tetsuwan View Post
        Which country do you want to play in?
        I don't have any specific preference. I think it depends on where the best opportunity is. I think I'd also like to go someplace where they take baseball seriously and treat it as a profession...i.e. the players are considered professional baseball players, they do it for a living.

        That being said, some of the countries I have thought about/heard about are Germany, England, or Italy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          Which position?
          I can play anywhere, but the positions I play most are 1B, 3B, RF, and LF. I can also pitch, but I never throw more than a few innings here or there as a reliever. My team has a strong pitching staff right now so I'm not used a lot. I prefer the other positions anyway as it lets me concentrate more on hitting, which is my first love.

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you played baseball at a high organized level ( Independent Leagues or Collge) If that is the case Japan, Korea, Mexico, and some Latin America countries are good options.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by aureliolopez View Post
              Have you played baseball at a high organized level ( Independent Leagues or Collge) If that is the case Japan, Korea, Mexico, and some Latin America countries are good options.
              Not really. It's almost impossible to get signed in Japan, Korea or the top-level Mexican summer and winter leagues without having reached MLB for at least a few games or at least having played for many years at the Triple-A level.

              The only realistic places for a U.S.-born player who lacks pro experience to play are in Europe, and even then, it has to be approached as more of a hobby/passion than truly "professional" play since most such players are lucky to break even.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think Japanese Industrial league could be option for thehogans.
                Basically it's an amateur league but you get paid good and get put in good environment for doing baseball.
                To enter an Industrial League team, I think you had better contact one yourself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tetsuwan View Post
                  I think Japanese Industrial league could be option for thehogans.
                  Basically it's an amateur league but you get paid good and get put in good environment for doing baseball.
                  To enter an Industrial League team, I think you had better contact one yourself.
                  Where can I find the contact information? To be honest, that has been the hardest part of trying to get on a European team. I'll only get a response from 1 out of every 100 times I try to contact a team.

                  Also it's not like I'm trying to get rich playing overseas...chances are it's not going to happen. Paid expenses plus a small allowance would be nice, but I'm willing to consider anything. Breaking even sometimes isn't a bad thing if the baseball is more than just a "beer league".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is the list of Japanese Industrial League teams.

                    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%A4%...B8%80%E8%A6%A7

                    If you are determined to play baseball with minimal wage, Shikoku Island League could be option too.
                    Most of players there get paid about 120,000 Yen per month.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikoku_Island_League

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tetsuwan View Post
                      This is the list of Japanese Industrial League teams.

                      http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%A4%...B8%80%E8%A6%A7

                      If you are determined to play baseball with minimal wage, Shikoku Island League could be option too.
                      Most of players there get paid about 120,000 Yen per month.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikoku_Island_League
                      I am finding it almost impossible to navigate those pages, even when I translate them. I found one email address for the Shikoku Island League and sent them a message. But I was not able to find any email or other contact information for the JIL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by thehogans View Post
                        I am finding it almost impossible to navigate those pages, even when I translate them. I found one email address for the Shikoku Island League and sent them a message. But I was not able to find any email or other contact information for the JIL.
                        You should click each hyperlink in wikipedia. Then it will lead to wiki page of each team. And the wiki page of each team contains the information of the team's website.

                        And regarding Shikoku Island Leagues, you have already found the names of teams which are eight. You can simply google those names and find their websites very easily.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tetsuwan View Post
                          You should click each hyperlink in wikipedia. Then it will lead to wiki page of each team. And the wiki page of each team contains the information of the team's website.

                          And regarding Shikoku Island Leagues, you have already found the names of teams which are eight. You can simply google those names and find their websites very easily.
                          That worked a little better. So we'll see if I get any responses back.

                          In the meantime, is there anyone who plays in Europe that is a member of a team or knows of a team that is looking for a player? I am available to go immediately.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi

                            I am from Germany and have some good contacts to the clubs in the Top League.

                            Send me your portfolio, your requests, expectations (money) etc.

                            Maybe I can help you.

                            In Germany a player normaly gets: airfare, apartment; monthly salary (depending how good you are from 400$ - 1000$) extras (car, food, etc)

                            Send me a pm if interested
                            The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              did you paly in college and if so what college

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X