Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paula59
    replied
    ...and they will play a game against the German Squad at Regensburg (WC Venue 2K9) on July 15th.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    USA Baseball will send a squad for the first time since 2002. Same team will also take part in the FISU championships set for Brno, Czech Republic.

Leave a comment:

• heavesrock
    replied
    I'm sure someone else can answer this better than me, but here's a news story about the teams involved:

President Fritz MULDER announced five of the six participating teams for the 24th edition of the Haarlemse Honkbal Week (HHW). The Netherlands will try to defend their title from 2007 against squads from Cuba, USA, Japan and Chinese Taipei. A sixth nation will be named in the upcoming weeks.

The event takes place from July 4 to 13 in Haarlem, Netherlands. It is a big test in preparation for the Olympic Games in Beijing as four of the five teams are already qualified. Chinese Taipei will have a last chance next month at the qualifier.

The Dutch team won the last two HHW in 2004 and 2006. Cuba was not victorious at this prestigious contest since 1998. This is a long period of time, when you consider the success of them on the International level.

The team not mentioned is the Antilles national team.

Also check out the website: http://www.honkbalweek.nl/index.php?hhw=home&lang=eng

Leave a comment:

• Agente Libre
    started a topic 2008 Honkbal Week info.?

2008 Honkbal Week info.?

This board seems to get a lot of good info. from the folks in The Netherlands (and Europe in general) so I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone has any links, info., etc., for this year's Honkbal Week, which is scheduled to start July 4 in Haarlem.

How many people attend these games? Are all the games played in one city/stadium, or are the games spread out?

I've thought about going to this tournament a few times over the years but I've never made it there. Thanks very much.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X