Japanese Baseball Historical Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Baseball Historical Event

I have to do a research project in World History and since I cant do any MLB events I wanted to know if there was a historical event in Japanese Baseball history that I could make a 2 page report out of.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

How about the V-9 Giants (won 9 consecutive championships)? You could talk about Kawakami, the manager who wanted to go with all Asian players and his highly controlling ways, and you could talk about the great players who contributed to those teams (Oh and Nagashima, certainly, but also Harimoto and Kaneda among others).

Some material you could use is in You Gotta Have Wa or Oh's autobiography, A Zen Way of Baseball. Rob Fitts' Remembering Japanese Baseball would be good.

My own writings which would be useful would start here:
    http://baseballguru.com/jalbright/an...ight07.html#V9 click on the links in the paragraphs for more info on the key individuals.

Jim Albright
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

pre-wwii foreign players in japan

wwii deaths of hall of famers

prisoners of war held by russians and burmese and americans

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X