Who will win the WBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will win the WBC?

Simple question for all. Who will win the WBC?

I think Korea will win.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Cuba........

Comment

As of 3/17/2006, you have four teams, all with a good 25% chance...
        If I had to gamble, my money would be on Cuba. Firstly, because I think Korea will lose one game in this tournament. Secondly because with the lineup they have in the semi, the Cubans will advance. In the final I give them the edge over the two Asian teams.
        "I know One Thing, That I Know Nothing" - - - Socrates

Comment

DR will win it all :gt

Comment

I dunno. Cuba?
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Yeah all of these games and possibilities are complete tossups.

If I had to look at it on pure talent I would pick the Dominican but what we have learned is that talent (esp teams thrown together in March) isn't really the deciding factor in this tournament.

I think Korea has had the best tournament so far, and Cuba is probably the best 'team' in the field and they have definitely been in this situation before so there may be an edge there. Japan has the revenge factor going for them.

All 4 of the teams have great storylines and each one of them could win the tournament.

Comment

I got some Voodoo Magic going against the D.R.

I already have the goat and two chickens for the pregame ceremony. It worked pretty well against P.R.
                Last edited by Cubano100%; 03-18-2006, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm...

Originally I had Panama winning 3rd place, which, judging by their 0-3 record, was not a smart pick. I had the D.R. winning it all, but now I'm not so sure. I would really love to see a D.R. v.s. Cuba final, but, sadly, that's not going to happen. So here are my picks:

"Superpool" 1 champion: Korea (with the sweep of Japan)
                  "Superpool" 2 champion: Dominican Republic

4th place: Japan (Korea, Taipei, China, Mexico, and the U.S. is not too stiff competion, especially considering the US's winning percentage being less than that of Canada)
                  3rd place: Cuba (with the blowout of Japan)
                  2nd place: Dominican Republic (losing in another close Korea victory)
                  1st place: Korea (with the undefeated record)

Comment

Personally i think Korea will win i mean have you ever seen such a fundamentally sound team before i know i haven't. ( yet again i am only 14 )
                    "All I had was natural ability."
                    -Mickey Mantle

55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

Comment

I think DR's going to win. If Pujols, Ortiz, and Tejada ever start hitting its a rap.
                      "I was pitching one day when my glasses clouded up on me. I took them off to polish them. When I looked up to the plate, I saw Jimmie Foxx. The sight of him terrified me so much that I haven't been able to wear glasses since." - Left Gomez

"(Lou) Gehrig never learned that a ballplayer couldn't be good every day." - Hank Gowdy

Comment

And the winner is....

DR 4 Japan 3

Comment

Cuba and Japs

DR and korea are out - i must go for japan.

Comment

Cuba has the moves.

No matter what, it's great. I like the idea of Cuba winning. Wow.

Comment

I'm saying Japan over Cuba 4-2. Simply going with my gut which has been astonishingly wrong since Round 2.
                              Last edited by astromaker; 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X