Cuba
    42.86%
    Dominican Republic
    14.29%
    Japan
    14.29%
    South Korea
    28.57%
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

I think it will be Korea v. Dominican Republic in the final. As for the winner, Korea is a more balanced and disciplined team the Dominican is so ill go with Korea.
    Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

DR VS Korea.....DR will crush Korea...with their overwhelming power.
      "I was pitching one day when my glasses clouded up on me. I took them off to polish them. When I looked up to the plate, I saw Jimmie Foxx. The sight of him terrified me so much that I haven't been able to wear glasses since." - Left Gomez

"(Lou) Gehrig never learned that a ballplayer couldn't be good every day." - Hank Gowdy

Comment

Originally posted by Myankee4life
        DR VS Korea.....DR will crush Korea...with their overwhelming power.
        Wasn't Team USA supposed to do that as well?
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Now I can vote Honus. We just beat the D.R. squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubano100%
            Now I can vote Honus. We just beat the D.R. squad.
            Congrats to Cuba!! Well, being as highly ignorant as I am and only knowing TWO players on the Cuban roster (Gourriel and Lazo), and only knowing TWO on the Korean roster (Hee Seop Choi and Seung Yeop), I don't know who's going to win. I'm going to retract my earlier statements and go with Cuba all the way.

Comment

Except some Cuban fellow members, who else would have expected that the Cuban team would reach the final?

I certainly did not. Of course I counted them as second round participants, but I had never thought of this.

If I had to put my money on one of the finalists, I would go for Cuba now. But it is still guessing.

If Cuba will win, this will be a huge blow for the Cuba haters...

Comment

I think its great that Cuba has made it to the finals, and are probably even the favorites against Japan since they beat a similar team in the Olympics. I think the Cuban tradition of winning all these baseball tournaments has definitely been the most important factor in the WBC.

The other teams just aren't used to playing in this format.

Comment

I think the main reason Cuba is doing so well is that...wait for it....they're damned good ballplayers.

BTW, I'll admit that I thought it would be a USA-DR final.
                  BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Anyone who votes today gets to cheat a little, now that the DR and Korea are out. I'm a little shocked that Korea got stomped last night. Still, given Japan vs. Cuba, I'm taking Cuba.

2007 World Series Champions
                    The Boston Red Sox

Comment

To be honest with you guys, Japan has more lives than a cat and they can smell victory too. They have two good pitchers going for them and I Matsuzaka beat us in Athens already. Japan has taken good players to International tournaments since the professionals were allowed to compete in such tournaments. They have not been able to win yet but who knows. The probabilities are in Japan's favor just like it was almost impossible for Korea to beat Japan three times in a raw.

Cuba must be exausted after playing against P. R. in their ball park in addition of beating Venzuela and D. R. who were two pre-tournament favorites. Hopefully, Cuba has something in the tank left on monday.

Athens 2004

JAPAN 0 2 0 2 0 0 1 0 1 6 12 2
                      CUBA 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 7 2

W: MATSUZAKA, DAISUKE
                      L: ODELIN, VICYOHANDRI

Sydney 2000

Qualifying round:
                      CUBA 0 1 1 0 3 1 0 0 0 6 13 1
                      JAPAN 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 8 0
                      W:VALLE, LAZARO
                      L:WATANABE, SHUNSURE

Semis: