No announcement yet.

2013 World Baseball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the start of the third rain delay in the top of the 10 th inning, the live-streaming switched over to a replay of the 2009 WBC title game between Korea and Japan. But then it stopped.

Is anyone at the game --- is it still in a rain delay, now which is 2:03 AM in Florida ? Does anyone still have the Korea vs. Japan live-streaming going ?

Comment

• I am so not happy with them scheduling the resumption of the game at 1200, so that when it ends in one inning I have to kill six hours before the next one starts. Just a bizarre bizarre bizarre night at the ballpark

Comment

• Originally posted by cutchemist42 View Post
        In terms of games getting tweaked, I would have thought the Israel game on Friday night would have been the better draw?
        Those of us at the game today for Israel (by the way, why pitch to Freiman in that spot...we couldn't believe it), believe the switch was for religious purposes.... Not sure though, but something about working after sundown on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLowry View Post
          I have been watching the game since its beginning after a 2 hours 21 minutes rain delay, and the video is working great.

Formula for a record low attendance at a WBC event --- Long Rain Delay of 2:21 + Strong Rain Continuing after the first pitch + the worst two teams in the Jupiter Pool = a record low crowd. From the live-streaming, there are seven fans visible from behind the pitcher as the pitch is delivered.

There must be something about Florida. With many other choices of what to do in a vacation location, with many people who have moved to Florida from somewhere else, plus there is the Florida State League with franchises all around the state. The Marlins drew very poorly in Dolphins Stadium. And this year, they have drawn an average in the middle 20,000 range, but most other teams which have had a new ballpark have had multi-years of consecutive sellouts, so drawing 25,000 at Marlins Park is poor. Then we all know the Rays miserable attendance under the Tropicana Field dome in St. Pete. However, the same situation with multiple California League franchises and many other choices of what to do in a vacation location, does NOT hamper the attendance for the Angels or Dodgers.

There were just as many people there for France/South Africa, despite the rain, as there was for Spain/France last night. We just got home after sitting through all that junk and without a resolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rally Monkey View Post
            My understanding is that the facility ended up having a conflict in November. No idea what the details are.
            There is usually a huge high school showcase event at that complex in November. I'm guessing that was it

Comment

• Unit 312J, and anyone else who was at the game tonight in Jupiter, did the umpires suspend the game immediately at 12:52 AM, or if there was a third rain delay how long did it last and what time did the umpires call the game suspended until Noon Eastern Time tomorrow ?

Comment

• Watching CR/GB right now on Sportsnet. If Germany does not advance, Regensberg should always get a qualifier if Germany is involved. I was staying up too for SA/FRA last night and was pretty upset that last final rain delay happened.

Comment

• The attendance is good. It is better than I thought. There are many fans wearring MLB gear. Isn't that what MLB wants meaning to sell more MLB hats and jerseys internationally?

Comment

• Starting with next WBC, I prefer a rule change regarding the eligibility of players. It is ridiculous knowing the Israeli team could move to the final sixteen with nearly all American players. There could be two American teams competing. After reviewing Mexico's preliminary roster, their team could consist of a quarter to a third of American players AGAIN.

Comment

• Anyone yet receiving live-streaming of the resumption of the France vs. South Africa game ?

It was supposed to have been resumed 12 minutes ago at 12 Noon Eastern time, 11 AM Central time. But here it is twelve minutes after that time, and still no lie-streaming from Jupiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                        Starting with next WBC, I prefer a rule change regarding the eligibility of players. It is ridiculous knowing the Israeli team could move to the final sixteen with nearly all American players. There could be two American teams competing. After reviewing Mexico's preliminary roster, their team could consist of a quarter to a third of American players AGAIN.
                        That is the law in Israel...any Jew in the world can get Israeli citizenship if so desired and is eligible to play. I'm Jewish, but I would not play for Israel. My choice.
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                          Starting with next WBC, I prefer a rule change regarding the eligibility of players. It is ridiculous knowing the Israeli team could move to the final sixteen with nearly all American players. There could be two American teams competing. After reviewing Mexico's preliminary roster, their team could consist of a quarter to a third of American players AGAIN.
                          Yeah, the WBC eligibility rules are a joke. I give the Czech team way more credit then I ever will to the Israeli and GB team. Like seriously, what type of person in Israel tunes in to these games and is pumped to start watching baseball because a bunch of Americans represent them. It's eligibility rules like the WBCs that people make fun of in the media and make it seem like a joke to the sports viewing world. I tried talking the WBC with other people on the other forum and the first few posts simply laughed at the joke of eligibility. The Czechs lost to America-Britain, Canada lost to America-Italy, and South Africa and France are losing to America-Israel. It's a joke.

I've said it before, but the IIHF rule is better. You want to play for another NT? Prove it by actually getting the citizenship.

The WBC needs a lot of change to be a more legit competition.

Baseball Canada twitter is now saying game will start 30 minutes later at 1:38 ET.
                          Last edited by cutchemist42; 09-22-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=cutchemist42;2066427]Yeah, the WBC eligibility rules are a joke. I give the Czech team way more credit then I ever will to the Israeli and GB team. Like seriously, what type of person in Israel tunes in to these games and is pumped to start watching baseball because a bunch of Americans represent them. It's eligibility rules like the WBCs that people make fun of in the media and make it seem like a joke to the sports viewing world. I tried talking the WBC with other people on the other forum and the first few posts simply laughed at the joke of eligibility. The Czechs lost to America-Britain, Canada lost to America-Italy, and South Africa and France are losing to America-Israel. It's a joke.

I've said it before, but the IIHF rule is better. You want to play for another NT? Prove it by actually getting the citizenship.
                            I couldn't agree more guys, its pathetic seeing the Spanish team,which is made up of players from CUBA/DR/VENEZUELA,and probably only two real Spanish players. How can a country get behind a team that really has no national connection to the people they are trying to represent. I sure hope that in future editions of the WBC,and as baseball grows worldwide these awful rules are abolished.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLowry View Post
                              Unit 312J, and anyone else who was at the game tonight in Jupiter, did the umpires suspend the game immediately at 12:52 AM, or if there was a third rain delay how long did it last and what time did the umpires call the game suspended until Noon Eastern Time tomorrow ?
                              It was suspended immediately. We lost power at the stadium...

Comment

• PLowery, there is still a ton of rain in the area.....They are shooting for a 3PM Eastern restart time for the France and South Africa.... rain in forecast this evening too, so it'll be a mess for the regularly scheduled game...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X