Russia      0   1 
    Day 2 Schedule:

Russia v. Spain
    Germany v. Belgium
    Greece v. Croatia
    Netherlands v. France
    Great Britain v. Czech Republic
    Italy v. Sweden

There's an excellent write-up on the Team GB website of not only yesterday's GB-Germany game, but also the Czech upset of the Netherlands -- http://www.britishbaseball.org/news_...rrer_id=271910.

The latter is worth reading if only for the recap of the "do-over" play in the bottom of the 9th and how the new IBAF tiebreaker system came into play in the 10th inning.

Comment

Originally posted by twoseam View Post
      There's an excellent write-up on the Team GB website of not only yesterday's GB-Germany game, but also the Czech upset of the Netherlands -- http://www.britishbaseball.org/news_...rrer_id=271910.

The latter is worth reading if only for the recap of the "do-over" play in the bottom of the 9th and how the new IBAF tiebreaker system came into play in the 10th inning.
      I concur. These These Team GB writeups are terrific. The recap of the do-over controversy has led me to change my view that the IBAF should play a more prominent role in the WBC qualifiers. On the contrary: They should be kept as far away from the WBCQ as possible.

Comment

Well...big upset 2 days ago. The Czechs beat the dutch (3-2).
        Yesterday the Dutch prove they're still the main contender for the title beating the germans in 7 innings. 10-0

Comment

Wow I've never seen a professional baseball where do-over is allowed! I accept the IBAF extra-inning rule(better if it occurs later than the 10th inning), but do-over is completely messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by island slugger View Post
            Wow I've never seen a professional baseball where do-over is allowed! I accept the IBAF extra-inning rule(better if it occurs later than the 10th inning), but do-over is completely messed up.
            It wasn't a do-over, it was a foul ball. The writer of the article mis-interpreted the decision of the umpires.
            Harry Wedemeijer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X