No announcement yet.

World Baseball Classic games on DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the hightlights DVD ever actually released?

Originally posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
    Styles, the Official WBC DVD sold out very quickly, I was told that there are no immediate plans to re-release it.
    Was it ever released, even? I just searched my email to double-check, and yes, I did pre-order the DVD on 21 March 2006, but on 16 June 2006, my order was canceled, because, "The following item(s) is unavailable and has been cancelled from your order:"

Too bad, because I don't subscribe to cable TV (a waste on money, IMO), and I didn't get the MLB.com video package, either, so I was only able to listen to the games via my Gameday Audio subscription, and I would've liked to see a little of the games, even if it was just a collection of highlights...

Comment

Reviving this thread, with an eye toward the upcoming tournament...

Originally posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
      Styles, the Official WBC DVD sold out very quickly, I was told that there are no immediate plans to re-release it.
      Originally posted by cutchemist42 View Post
      I never see it on ebay either.....
      Originally posted by FelixBlackCat View Post
      Was it ever released, even? I just searched my email to double-check, and yes, I did pre-order the DVD on 21 March 2006, but on 16 June 2006, my order was canceled, because, "The following item(s) is unavailable and has been cancelled from your order:"
      Has anyone here ever actually seen a copy of an official 2006 WBC DVD?

It is incomprehensible that such a thing would have been produced in limited quantity and then never made available again, given that the market clearly wasn't met, and MLB is trying to promote the event for the future.

The only thing I can come up with is that there was some issue with the video rights, or the division of the proceeds, that wasn't anticipated in pre-tournament agreements... perhaps another Cuba issue?

Comment

yes i actually have the 2006 WBC DVD but purchased from japan

Comment

Originally posted by quinnystar27 View Post
          hey man!!! I want a copy! How we can made iT? Im From Mexico and you? Next 2 weeks i will be in san diego to see 4 games of the WBC 09... want a cap or something?

Comment

Redondos,
            I am interested in obtaining only 1 copy of the 2006 wbc games: Mexico 2 - USA 1.Play in March 16 2006. I traveled 2 days from mexico to USA to see that game. Next 2 weeks i will be in te WBC 09... What do you want for that video?

Comment

Originally posted by quinnystar27 View Post
              Did you buy it online? I am interested in buying it too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X