2013-14 ABL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 ABL Season

Hello and welcome folks...with the World Series ending today what better time for the ABL to start play.

Can Canberra's band of mercenaries repeat last years performance? Will the Heat avenge last years championship defeat? Can Sydney finally get over the hump? Will any of the other teams shock the world* and take the title?

Stick with me for the next few months and see how this all pans out...it looks to be a tighter season than years past!

As usual, any questions/criticisms/opinions, fire away!

*world= the dozens of ABL fans out there...
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

October 31st

Canberra (H) d Melbourne 10-3.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Sydney Blue Sox rule!

Although Canberra's win today shows that they are going to play hard to defend the title!
      "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Phils V. Pirates View Post
        Sydney Blue Sox rule!

Although Canberra's win today shows that they are going to play hard to defend the title!
        There have been some grumblings from Canberra because other teams now are allowed to have almost as many imports as the Cavalry and they're stating it's unfair and that they need the extra imports as a competitive balance because of the small number of registered players in the ACT compared to New South Wales or Victoria.

By the way, Sydney lost their closer in the off season. Matt Williams now plays for the Bite. Dare I say the Sox will be able to replace him but it is a question mark on them going into the season.
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

November 1st

Canberra (H) d Melbourne 4-3 (10 innings)

Adelaide d Brisbane (H) 10-6

Perth (H) d Sydney 10-0
          RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
            Perth (H) d Sydney 10-0
            I could be wrong, but I suspect the fact that the Blue Sox lost their closer during the off season didn't play a huge role in this game...h

Still, opening game against Perfidious Perth. Just a minor glitch in the Sox romp to glory.
            "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

I could be wrong, but I suspect the fact that the Blue Sox lost their closer during the off season didn't play a huge role in this game...h

Still, opening game against Perfidious Perth. Just a minor glitch in the Sox romp to glory.
              We should have let WA secede when they wanted to in the 1930s...
              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

2nd November

Three double-headers played today...

Canberra (H) d Melbourne 6-5 (8 innings)
                Melbourne d Canberra (H) 7-6

Brisbane (H) d Adelaide 3-2 (7 innings)
                Brisbane (H) d Adelaide 4-0

Sydney d Perth (H) 5-4 (7 innings)
                Sydney d Perth (H) 7-2
                Last edited by brewcrew82; 11-02-2013, 04:50 PM.
                RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

And it finished 7-2 Sox! Sweeping a doubleheader from perth in Perth. Now THAT is sweet.

It looks like the Blue Sox were running their socks off, too. Outfielder Jacob May stole 3 bases, while Keon Broxton and Daniel Arribas each stole one. I am thinking that the Heat's starting pitcher was a little slow getting the ball to the plate.

Comment

What is the website to see these scores? I gotta scope it out to pick a team to back! This isn't as easy as my home countries in England and Deutschland that Phils v. Pirates did last summer! I have no contacts Down Under, except a cousin of my wife who is a pilot. Is Dave Nilsson still involved in some capacity down there in the league? I remember he left the Brewers I think it was, to play ball back home. One helluva good hitting catcher too! Maybe if he is coaching or managing a team, I'll go with them. I had a lot of respect for a great hitter like that to walk away from fame and insane amounts of cash that can be earned to go home to play.
                    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Herr, Nilsson is chairman(?) of the Brisbane Bandits. If you're going to pick them, be warned they are the only team in the revamped competition that has not played in a finals series (the top 4 out of the 6 teams make the finals)...they have a cool looking cap though.
                      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

And it finished 7-2 Sox! Sweeping a doubleheader from perth in Perth. Now THAT is sweet.

It looks like the Blue Sox were running their socks off, too. Outfielder Jacob May stole 3 bases, while Keon Broxton and Daniel Arribas each stole one. I am thinking that the Heat's starting pitcher was a little slow getting the ball to the plate.
                        They were all off of Adam Millson who worked the middle innings...I didn't watch the game live nut will be watching tonights.
                        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                          What is the website to see these scores?
                          Try http://web.theabl.com.au/index.jsp

It is a 6 team league. Perth Heat, Sydney Blue Sox, Canberra Cavalry, Brisbane Bandits, Melbourne Aces and Adelaide...ummm...Bite.

(Actually, the "...ummm..." is not an official part of the name.)

Comment

Try http://web.theabl.com.au/index.jsp

It is a 6 team league. Perth Heat, Sydney Blue Sox, Canberra Cavalry, Brisbane Bandits, Melbourne Aces and Adelaide...ummm...Bite.

(Actually, the "...ummm..." is not an official part of the name.)
                            In some circles that Bite are now being referred to as the Adelaide Internationals due to their request for more imports.
                            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

3rd November

Brisbane (H) d Adelaide 4-1

Sydney d Perth (H) 11-0
                              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X