Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which should be the next Cricket Ground to host an MLB game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which should be the next Cricket Ground to host an MLB game?

After watching this season start at the Sydney Cricket Grounds, I can’t stop thinking about how great those games looked in a Cricket Stadium. So, which should be the next Cricket Grounds to host MLB games?

Lord’s Cricket Ground, London, England

Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia

Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India

Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand

Sahara Park Newlands, Cape Town, South Africa

New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa
    Last edited by SouthwestAmAZins; 12-30-2014, 03:40 PM.

Can you tell me the capacity crowd in each stadium and I have to pick Lorde in England or Wankhede in India why? because both countries are big market.

Comment

I don't see any of them working, for many different reasons but to partially answer Jeter2's question:

The MCG capacity is over 100,000
      Eden Park is about 50,000
      Lords is under 30,000
      Not sure about the rest off the top of my head.

I doubt a game in India would work. They're far too obsessed with cricket to even contemplate another bat and ball game.
      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

They do have some very beautiful grounds around the world, that's for sure. I would like to see cricket being played over here, maybe in the south or west during the off season, in some of our ballparks. I know it won't catch on, and would probably be way too expensive to pull off for the few people that would pay to watch it, but it would be neat I think.
        "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

I chose Lord's Cricket Ground, because if the NFL can do it, then why can't MLB?

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
          I don't see any of them working, for many different reasons but to partially answer Jeter2's question:

The MCG capacity is over 100,000
          Eden Park is about 50,000
          Lords is under 30,000
          Not sure about the rest off the top of my head.

I doubt a game in India would work. They're far too obsessed with cricket to even contemplate another bat and ball game.
          Is one of those reasons the Cricket powers not wanting their Stadiums used for a sport that is disliked by some within their group?

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
          They do have some very beautiful grounds around the world, that's for sure. I would like to see cricket being played over here, maybe in the south or west during the off season, in some of our ballparks. I know it won't catch on, and would probably be way too expensive to pull off for the few people that would pay to watch it, but it would be neat I think.
          At a glance, it doesn't appear that MLB Stadiums have the real estate to accommodate a Cricket Match.

Comment

I swear I read in one of the articles weeks ago that Sydney helped in outshining Melbourne for the MLB game.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X