2014 European Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 European Championships

Starts this Friday. Preview: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...seball-preview

Will update the rankings here after the Italian Baseball Week and France International Baseball Tournament finish up tomorrow.

Big day for the French team today, beating the Netherlands for the first time in 19 tries, 12-8. Les Bleus lost their previous 18 games against the Dutch by a combined 279-16. More info: http://ffbsc.org/edit.asp?typ=1&id=3553 Boxscore: http://francebaseballstats.org/2014/...ge/stats/6.htm

France scored seven runs with two outs in the 6th to break this game open.

My mom is Croatian so I'm hoping they look good. Also pulling for Germany as another underdog.
    Last edited by cutchemist42; 09-09-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

they really need a third and even a fourth team to compete to really make it interesting!

Comment

I have to agree with the link that the Netherlands and Italy are the favorites, and I suspect the Netherlands will win it all.

That being said, I will honor my ancestors and cheer for Germany!
        "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

For those of you interested you can follow the Regensburg Pool http://baseballem2014.de with Italy, Germany, France, Sweden, Great Britain & Belgium via Live Stream http://www.legionaere.de/tv All Pool Games will be broadcasted.
          The Stream is for free and good quality not sure if they have a english speaking or bavarian speaking broadcaster. All Game Times are CET.
          As the stream is for free The Legionaere TV Crew for sure will be more than happy if you help them raise Some Money via crowdfunding http://www.visionbakery.com/ltv for Instant replay maschine
          The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

Any idea if Eurosport will be broadcasting any of the games later in the tournament like they have in the past?

By the way, go Italy!
            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Wow! Italy and the Netherlands have won every European Championship dating back to 1969?! That is crazy, though the Netherlands count on a lot of production from their former colonies I am sure.

Go Deutschland!!! If they can't get it done, then I will have to back my other side, the Brits. Either way, I guess it really doesn't matter as much as some team OTHER than the Italians or the Dutch should win!
              "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
                Any idea if Eurosport will be broadcasting any of the games later in the tournament like they have in the past?
                I doubt it! Eurosport2 did it EC 2007 & WC 2009
                Maybe there will be a Czech TV Station doing a couple of games - no announcement about that until yet! Been to CR tournaments a couple of time where Games should be broadcasted but it Never happened.
                So the Streams from Regensburg will be the only ones....
                The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

That's a shame. I'll try and catch some games on the stream when I can.
                  RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Here is the event's website, which has schedule ifno.

http://www.me2014.cz/en/

Comment

Euro Championship Odds Update

Updated predictions, including the results from the Italian Baseball Week (won by Spain) and the France International Baseball Tournament (won by the Netherlands). Italy and the Netherlands fell back to the pack a little, but they're still the overwhelming favorites.

TEAM ELO CHAMPS SECOND PLAYOFF
                      NED 1800 59 34 99.8
                      ITA 1751 39 47 99.5
                      ESP 1441 1.1 8.7 83.5
                      GER 1389 0.77 6.9 88.3
                      CZE 1255 0.15 2.0 63.2
                      GBR 1252 0.02 0.4 34.6
                      GRE 1236 0.02 0.3 29.6
                      FRA 1216 0.02 0.1 26.8
                      SWE 1179 0.02 0.1 23.3
                      BEL 1224 0.00 0.2 27.5
                      CRO 1097 0.00 0.0 7.5
                      RUS 1171 0.00 0.00 16.4
                      I also just noticed that the Italian team includes Yankees minor-leaguer Pat Venditte. Venditte, you'll remember, is a switch-pitcher, and has to declare what hand he's going to throw with for each batter. Here's a video of him facing a switch hitter. It's a hilarious game theory nightmare. I hope the CEB has rules ready for this, because Minor League Baseball did not, and I don't think a batter and pitcher standing around and switching hands for ten minutes will help grow the game.

Comment

It looks like there has been one mild upset in the first round of play, as France defeated Germany, 3-2. Darn it. Really, just because I root for a team should not be a reason for them to lose.

In other Group A news, the match between Sweden and Great Britain was postponed and will be played tomorrow morning. That means both GB and Sweden will have to play twice tomorrow.

The only other score from Group A: Italy d. Belgium, 12-7.

Group B scores:

Spain d. Greece, 15-3
                        Netherlands d. Croatia, 19-2
                        Czech Republic d. Russia, 5-0
                        "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

The Regensberg stream is very good I think.

Comment

Good game in the France-Great Britain match! Currently tied 4-4 in the 9th.

Comment

France ended up beating the Brits, 9-5 in ten innings. The rules of this tournament state that, in extra innings, the batting team starts off with runners on 1st and 2nd (to up the chances of scoring). That explains (in part) how a 4-4 game after nine ended up 9-5 after ten.

So, scores from Saturday in Group A:

Great Britain d. Sweden, 7-1
                              Italy d. Sweden, 12-3
                              France d. Great Britain, 9-5
                              Germany d. Belgium, 6-2

In Group B:

Spain d. Croatia, 18-2
                              Russia d. Greece, 14-1
                              Netherlands d. Czech Republic, 7-0

No real upsets there.

Sundays games are still being played. I confess that I am spending waaaaaaaaay too much time watching these games. But I am enjoying them!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X