2014 European Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
    You should be on the Deutschland roster, Big D!
    I don't think so. I think I could hit over .250 in one of the weaker Bundesliga Teams if they give me some time to adapt but I'm a below average first baseman and would not get much playing time there. I would certainly not get a roster spot in one of the better Bundesliga Teams, the difference between the better and the worse Teams is huge.

if I went to Regensburg I would probably Play for their third Team. some of my last years teammates went to Play Bundesliga this year. they are similar Quality hitters as I am but they can Play middle IF and they struggled mightily against Bundesliga pitching. I'm a good fastball hitters and I can adapt well till about mid 80s if I see it often but I think the better pitchers would eat me up, especially because I'm not a good breaking ball hitter.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Pere View Post
      The WBC did adopt such a rule, but it is only applied from the 13th inning on.

It's not ideal, but it makes some sense in averting the most interminable, exhausting games which would cripple both participants in a short tournament.
      Wow, I wasn't aware of such a rule! Thanks for the info! However, as I was watching the game (Germany vs GB) and saw two men on base to start the 10th inning, my first reaction was Oh no this stupid rule. Then I rationalized and reasoned that it kind of made sense for these types of tournaments but I wish they would allow maybe regular extra inning baseball for a couple of innings and then go to one man on base to start the 12th inning (1st base or intentionally walk the first batter for more strategy) and finally the men on base the rest of the way. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
        is there a site where you can see the box scores and rosters?
        Try http://www.baseballstats.eu/2014/brno2/schedule.php. The little "down" arrows on the right hand side will give you box scores, and there is a tab on the top of the page to get you rosters.
        "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

Second round starts tod... tomo... in a few hours. I didn't have a chance to simulate the entire second round, so as a cop-out, here's tomorrow's games and win probabilities.
          Home Road Home WP
          ITA ESP 77%
          CRO SWE 47%
          FRA CZE 11%
          GBR GRE 66%
          GER NED 9%
          BEL RUS 85%
          Best game is...Croatia/Sweden? None of the playoff games are really appealing.

Betting markets seem to be undervaluing the Czechs (the odds in the Czech Rep./France game are close to 50/50, location notwithstanding) and the Russians (nearly 9-to-1 underdogs against Belgium).

Comment

Apparently there is a stream for 2nd round at least for the Games in Brn http://www.draci.cz/static/tv/ only one camera an Czech commentary but better than none
            The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Paula59 View Post
              only one camera an Czech commentary but better than none
              Learn Czech the extremely hard way!

Comment

So unless the Czech Republic can upset Italy, the Finals is pretty much set. 3rd place game is most likely now Spain/CR as well I believe.

Comment

And the Netherlands wins. Italy takes second. No surprises there.
                  "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

Netherlands move up from seventh to sixth in my rankings, jumping ahead of Puerto Rico and just behind Japan and Canada.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X