Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR DATA? Before asking your question, go here first. CHANCES ARE IT IS HERE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a site online that has statistics showing real time numbers of hit ball distribution (i.e. hits to all fields with break down of total hit balls to infield and outfield)? I am a programmer for a baseball game and, other than looking at graphs in "balls in play" can't seem to find this type of information (short of subscribing to something like Bill James newsletter). Help!

Bill

Comment

• Hey guys, I get my retrosheet sql data from 'Want Linux' (here), but the 2011 data is missing certain valuable columns like 'Bat_On_Deck_ID' and 'Bat_Hand_Cd' and 'Pit_Hand_cd', so basic queries involving handedness are impossible. Does anyone know of an alternative source for 2011 retrosheet data in SQL format?
      UI2
      BTB

Comment

• Nevermind, guys. Found it.
        UI2
        BTB

Comment

• SABR released A Guide To Sabermetrics Research that is pretty good, especially for beginners.

http://sabr.org/sabermetrics

Comment

• Any place I could find Bill James' Win Shares?
            "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• Fangraphs.

Comment

• I'm not finding it in Fangraphs. Is there a way to find the leaders of a year, decade, etc. like any other stat?
                "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• Actually on second look Fangraphs does not have Win Shares. It was The Hardball Times that I was thinking about and I think they stopped running the numbers around 2009 or so.

Bill James Online has it but they are behind a paywall.

Comment

• Where can I go to get sequence, velocity, and pitch from the play-by-play that can be seen on MLB.com Gameday?
                    The pitcher who’s afraid to throw strikes, will soon be standing in the shower with the hitter who's afraid to swing.

Comment

• www.AriBall.com is another good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
                        Any place I could find Bill James' Win Shares?
                        http://seamheads.com/

Click on the round green gauge.

http://seamheads.com/baseballgauge/index.php
                        Your Second Base Coach
                        Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey started 833 times and the Dodgers went 498-335, for a .598 winning percentage. That’s equal to a team going 97-65 over a season. On those occasions when at least one of them missed his start, the Dodgers were 306-267-1, which is a .534 clip. That works out to a team going 87-75. So having all four of them added 10 wins to the Dodgers per year.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5hCIvMule0

Comment

• Is there a good place to find offensive stat rankings by position that is constantly updated?

I.e. I don't want a ranking of all-time homers by players who were primarily a catcher with Mike Piazza's 427 on top (both MLB and B-R's PI have this as their positional sorting system), I want a list with his 399 credited homers AS a catcher on top.
                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                          Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• BRef's PI has a split sorter. For homers it will get you most of the way since the splits go back to 1914 and of course home runs were scarce before then so the top 50 to 100 should be okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                              BRef's PI has a split sorter. For homers it will get you most of the way since the splits go back to 1914 and of course home runs were scarce before then so the top 50 to 100 should be okay.
                              OE: Never mind, found it.
                              Last edited by SteveJRogers; 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM.
                              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                              Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                              Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X