Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats for Stu Miller

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stats for Stu Miller

    Can anyone figure out stats for Stu Miller only when he was a reliever? If you can't split years, then only doing years when he was primarily a reliever would be ok. Stuff like ERA+ mostly. Thanks
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

  • #2
    From 1960 to 1968.
    Code:
               G  GS  CG SHO  GF  SV   IP      H   BFP  HR    R   ER   BB  IB   SO  SH  SF  WP HBP  BK  2B  3B GDP ROE   W   L    ERA
    Start      3   3   2   0   0   0   20.1   17    82   1    8    8    4   0   13   1   0   0   1   0   4   1   2   2   2   1   3.54
    Relief   465   0   0   0 328 134  813    671  3335  47  292  257  287  80  652  73  20  10  17   2  96  21  66  45  62  54   2.85
    Unfortunately that only contains one year in which he started a game. You can find this on retrosheet.

    Comment


    • #3
      For 1959 Stu started 9 games and in those 9 starts he pitched 57 2/3 innings giving up 59 hits, 14 walks, 34 strike outs 23 runs allowed, and 21 earned runs, for a 3.28 ERA as a starter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        Can anyone figure out stats for Stu Miller only when he was a reliever? If you can't split years, then only doing years when he was primarily a reliever would be ok. Stuff like ERA+ mostly. Thanks
        Odd you bring up such an esoteric name. I remember talking to my dad about Aaron in his prime, and he mentioned that Aaron's nemesis was Stu Miller- and that Miller made Aaron look silly on many occasions. Stu threw junk and a knuckle ball (both of which Aaron purportedly hated more than most).

        Maybe they would bring Miller in just to face Aaron. Kind of like an early specialist- like a Chuck McElroy brought in to face Barry Bonds in the 8th or 9th.

        And here's that matchup
        http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...2249&teamId=26

        Retrosheet only has 1960-present matchups, which is only 3 of the 9 years he faced Hank. Aaron went 3-18 against Stu (all singles). Too bad we don't have the NL PBP data for the 50's- that would be some great stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by csh19792001
          Odd you bring up such an esoteric name. I remember talking to my dad about Aaron in his prime, and he mentioned that Aaron's nemesis was Stu Miller- and that Miller made Aaron look silly on many occasions. Stu threw junk and a knuckle ball (both of which Aaron purportedly hated more than most).

          Maybe they would bring Miller in just to face Aaron. Kind of like an early specialist- like a Chuck McElroy brought in to face Barry Bonds in the 8th or 9th.


          Ha! Very funny! I have both Aaron and Miller on my DM Keeper League team.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 538280


            Ha! Very funny! I have both Aaron and Miller on my DM Keeper League team.
            Well sure, they're not gonna face each other
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              Well sure, they're not gonna face each other
              BP, RMB, BP. Don't forget scrimmage, either. Maybe Aaron can figure out those knucklers

              It's good to see a good reliever like Stu Miller getting props.
              Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
              I hope that's all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Retrosheet has every year except Stu's first year

                His career split line:
                Code:
                           G  GS  CG SHO  GF  SV   IP      H   BFP  HR    R   ER   BB  IB   SO  SH  SF  WP HBP  BK  2B  3B GDP ROE   W   L    ERA
                Start     82  82  18   3   0   0  512    513  2197  62  263  232  179  22  280  28   5   7  12   1  75  11  43  30  21  33   4.08
                Relief   610   0   0   0 406 150 1093.1  946  4532  75  409  358  395  99  820  97  34  14  25   2 126  24  89  63  78  67   2.95
                Obviously it is now possible to go on retrosheet and look at it year by year.

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X