Day/Night, Left/Right Splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day/Night, Left/Right Splits

Is there evidence that day/night and left/right splits are dependent on the person or do they just effect players in general? I have always believed left/right splits are probably dependent on the person. Also what is the average change in performance for both? Links would be appreciated.

You pick up the ball quicker out of the opposite hand, and can recognize a curveball quicker. Also, the curve is breaking toward you, rather than away from you. Some hitters' splits are extreme, and others are fairly balanced, just depends.

I've always been able to see the ball better at night, not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
      I've always been able to see the ball better at night, not sure why.
      Night's a better backdrop for the white ball?
      "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Originally posted by iPod
        Night's a better backdrop for the white ball?
        DING! DING!

Comment

curiously, daytime bonds rakes coals over nighttime bonds in slugging.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
            curiously, daytime bonds rakes coals over nighttime bonds in slugging.
            Whats the weather like there? Does the wind blow straight out to right during the day or somethin? Then again, maybe just one of those things huh.

Comment

blowin' straight out? in san francisco? (chuckle)

the wind is comin' in right off the bay. it knocks down lots of balls and does not aid all that often.
              although nighttime wind is worse than the daytime, the day wind swirls and creates its fair share of havoc.
              additionally, many player complain about the centerfield scoreboard's harsh glare from 12:15-1:30 or so.

now i am curious about this, so i will investigate.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                blowin' straight out? in san francisco? (chuckle)

the wind is comin' in right off the bay. it knocks down lots of balls and does not aid all that often.
                although nighttime wind is worse than the daytime, the day wind swirls and creates its fair share of havoc.
                additionally, many player complain about the centerfield scoreboard's harsh glare from 12:15-1:30 or so.

now i am curious about this, so i will investigate.
                Please do Sherlock West Coast If it blows in from the bay, it must circle around and avoid Bonds' 309 porch. It must come around and enter from center, and then circle and get behind the ball. An extra gust must come right when Bonds hits the ball too, for that extra oomph.

Comment

actually, yer right. it does.
                  and that same exact wind can also be found 2,565 away at yankee stadium.
                  how else could bonds have hit that mammoth blast there?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X