Baseball Reference's "Play Index" is now free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Reference's "Play Index" is now free

Baseball-Reference.com has some changes coming to their Play Index. While those are in progress, before the switch, they have kindly made the Play Index free to all users, whether a subscriber or not. Sean is estimating that this will make the tool freely available for approximately two months.

If you've never used the Play Index before, or it's been a while since you subscribed, there is no better sort/search query tool for baseball statistics anywhere on the Internet. It's well worth the low annual subscription and I strongly recommend that every baseball fan take advantage of the opportunity to use it for free now.

You'll love it.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Do you mean they will show all results from a search, instead of just 10-20? That I would really like.

Edit: Yes! Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Stolensingle; 03-08-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Always wanted to give this a go for more than a day.

Comment

I'm a regular subscriber and I hope it's not too expensive when it's moved over to the stathead part of the site.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
          I'm a regular subscriber and I hope it's not too expensive when it's moved over to the stathead part of the site.
          Me, too. Sean mentioned the possibility of extending our subscriptions by an additional couple months (for free), but I don't recall any mention of a price difference. My guess is that they will switch to the new tool and then change the price (if they do) later, based on initial feedback after the change.
          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
            Me, too. Sean mentioned the possibility of extending our subscriptions by an additional couple months (for free), but I don't recall any mention of a price difference. My guess is that they will switch to the new tool and then change the price (if they do) later, based on initial feedback after the change.
            The subscription extension was automatic. I went to renew it because it expired this month and found out it was extended.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post

The subscription extension was automatic. I went to renew it because it expired this month and found out it was extended.
              My normal renewal was shortly after Christmas, so that's good news for me, too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X