Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other annoyed Play Index / Stathead subscribers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other annoyed Play Index / Stathead subscribers out there?

So I have been a loyal subscriber for several years to Baseball-Reference's Play Index (now under the Stathead name). My account just came up for renewal and they have increased the annual subscription by 122% (from $36 to $80)!!!

I emailed support to see if there's anything they can do for a loyal subscriber and they basically said tough noogies. It's sad because it really is a great product, and I totally understand the need to increase fees from time to time, but to more than double the cost overnight seems a bit extreme.

I'm not planning to renew at this time but we'll see how long that lasts, lol...
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

I'm not surprised at the price spike in and of itself, just the degree of it. Increased demand meaning more servers to handle traffic and all... I hope that PI loyalists like yourself press the issue en masse and that it is enough to affect positive change for subscribers.

Comment

Hopefully the additional revenue is put to good use, and the sites remain sustainable. Too many great sports sites start off with great content but don’t have a great plan to monetize it. So they get shuttered at some point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X