Interesting Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Stat

Nellie Fox is still #5 All-Time in Career AB per Strikeout (42.74) he's surrounded on the leader board by much earlier players (Keeler, Start, Waner, and Sewell).

Gives an appreciation for the type of hitter that Fox was supposed to be behind Aparicio.

Just a stat I thought worth appreciating in its context.
    "The first draft of anything is crap." - Ernest Hemingway

There's no such thing as an ultimate stat.

Originally posted by 1905 Giants View Post
    Nellie Fox is still #5 All-Time in Career AB per Strikeout (42.74) he's surrounded on the leader board by much earlier players (Keeler, Start, Waner, and Sewell).

Gives an appreciation for the type of hitter that Fox was supposed to be behind Aparicio.

Just a stat I thought worth appreciating in its context.
    Put that into context, and it's more impressive. Raw stats are usually meaningless.

This is all time best K rates, adjusted for league context and park. Min 7500 career PA.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.14.46 AM.png

Comment

The name that jumps out at me from that list is Mattingly He’s is the only modern (post-integration) player on the list with an ISO+ over 100. Didn’t sacrifice power to not strike out.

Comment

Originally posted by WinePaul View Post
        The name that jumps out at me from that list is Mattingly He’s is the only modern (post-integration) player on the list with an ISO+ over 100. Didn’t sacrifice power to not strike out.
        Same here, a heavy hitter on that list. Also, being a Yankee fan and watching so many games, he would often take one strike, starting out 0-1 count.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X